Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thankyou very much. found it

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    This fuctionality is built into the 652/652DS/C360 family. You have to set the soft switches correctly, but no firmware update is needed (although I would rec upgrading to B4 ASAP). The firmware upgrade is only applicable to the C203 through C650 family. The user will still see the oil can displayed, but MFP will not stop and IU replacement is elective versus mandentory, and no messages on the LCD to replace IU. Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    This fuctionality is built into the 652/652DS/C360 family. You have to set the soft switches correctly, but no firmware update is needed (although I would rec upgrading to B4 ASAP). The firmware upgrade is only applicable to the C203 through C650 family. The user will still see the oil can displayed, but MFP will not stop and IU replacement is elective versus mandentory, and no messages on the LCD to replace IU. Emujo

What softswitches disable the "End of Life" messages on the C652 and C360 family machines? I tried switch 51 on a C360 showing "Replace Drum K" and it did nothing. Switch 50 only allows black ready ACS. TB6901 disables the prohibiting of copying past the end of life, but it does not eliminate the message on the display. TB7528 is only for the C353 and C650 family machines which "eliminates" the "need to replace" message. I would really like to know how to disable the "Need to Replace" messages on the newer color models. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebm View Post
    What softswitches disable the "End of Life" messages on the C652 and C360 family machines? I tried switch 51 on a C360 showing "Replace Drum K" and it did nothing. Switch 50 only allows black ready ACS. TB6901 disables the prohibiting of copying past the end of life, but it does not eliminate the message on the display. TB7528 is only for the C353 and C650 family machines which "eliminates" the "need to replace" message. I would really like to know how to disable the "Need to Replace" messages on the newer color models. Thanks
    TAUS0647606EN05, TAUS0703722EN01, TAUS0802098EN00 on Konica site may help

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Sorry gents (and ladies) I was given bad info on the C652/C360. The IU will suspend printing 5K copies past the end of life message. However, I believe KM will offer firmware to make this available on the C652/C360 once they are sure we don't screw up the C650 series by allowing them to run past their life spans. Hope no[one went crazy trying to set this up. Emujo

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    The C652 series, the black units are split apart, the developer and the drum unit separate, and the developer is constantly refreshed with new developer from the "toner bottle". Life span on the dev unit is 1,140,000 prints, while the drum unit is 295K. The colour IUs between 120-135K depending on the model speed. This is pretty significant over previous generations of our machines.

The C360 series, all the dev units and drum units are separate, the black dev unit, like in the C652 series, is also fresh exchange developer system, yields 570K, while each dev unit is 114K. The drum units, black yields between 70-120K depending on model speed, while the colour drums are between 55-90K. Not near as good as the 652, but still pretty damn good. The older C350 could never attain that life rating.

I have yet to hear anything about IU enhance on these series, but I would not be surprised if that is in the works.

Generally however, I have noted that the life of many consumables of the newer tuxedo series machines, that generally when they reach EOL, they really are at the end of their life and should be replaced regardless.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Re: c452 552 652 image chips

I just ran into this today for the first time. I came with chips in hand to take care of the color imaging units. I was unable to find any chips in the units. I can clearly see tabs where a chip might be installed but there was not one there. So my question is, where are the chips in this model? These are the original units that came with the machine, so is that why there is no chip installed?

I'm assuming there are chips in them since they can be ordered.

Has anyone had luck with the modified firmware?

Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

those are the factory installed imag units. they come with no chips. install the chips you should be ok

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

I don't remember seeing a connector to plug the new chip into. Do the original imaging units have the chip connector if they ship without a chip? What I gather from other posts is that you have to buy a new set. The new sets ship with chip installed - and also connector for chip too I'm assuming???

Thanks.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    I don't remember seeing a connector to plug the new chip into. Do the original imaging units have the chip connector if they ship without a chip?
    It seems that the starter IU (those comming with the machine) don't have a chip neither the connector to connect the new chip.