Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub C-203... toner waste auger ratcheting...??

A good technician and I troubleshot this thing ALL DAY LONG today... the gear that drives the Waste Toner section appears to be ratcheting, but we cannot confirm that the waste toner tube is backed up. Instead, we suspect that the motor that turns this thing MAY be turning backwards.... I know that sounds weird, but trying to get to the toner pipe that has the waste is nearly IMPOSSIBLE. I pulled the whole drive assembly today in an attempt to see if there was anything else going on, but could not make any solid determination. Even swapped the motors with each other (same part number), no changes. What happens on initialization, is that the machine ratchets, twice in succession, then throws the "Replace Toner Waste Container" message. Of course, tried a whole new Waste Bottle, same thing.

Anyone ever see this anomaly?

Thanks in advance!
    OC

albasoul06
    what about PS32 and sw03-3

I have no idea what those two are, and how to find them or what they control...?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    A good technician and I troubleshot this thing ALL DAY LONG today... the gear that drives the Waste Toner section appears to be ratcheting, but we cannot confirm that the waste toner tube is backed up. Instead, we suspect that the motor that turns this thing MAY be turning backwards.... I know that sounds weird, but trying to get to the toner pipe that has the waste is nearly IMPOSSIBLE. I pulled the whole drive assembly today in an attempt to see if there was anything else going on, but could not make any solid determination. Even swapped the motors with each other (same part number), no changes. What happens on initialization, is that the machine ratchets, twice in succession, then throws the "Replace Toner Waste Container" message. Of course, tried a whole new Waste Bottle, same thing.

Anyone ever see this anomaly?

Thanks in advance!
    OC

its is nothing due to wastev toner sump.it is due to eresd toner pumping system problem.some of one i unit had much toner.if u see 4 unit one unit toner spout with fool toner. then u clean that toner pumping pipe in the machine.then load on moter & gears released.then drive will come to waste toner than problem solve.for waste toner & fresh toner having same gear drive

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I have no idea what those two are, and how to find them or what they control...?
    See attached on toner recovery theory.

The motor that drives the cleaning unit is also part of the main drive, so it does not turn backwards. Not to mention, the electronics on this motor make it virtually impossible.

The information in that attachment should get you closer to resolving the problem. As was mentioned, check the sensors. There could be a failure in the control boards too, but we can visit that once you've eliminated the obvious.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Thanks Stirton. Yeah, I think we've got the theory pretty well in place. The only thing left is to pull it into the shop (which I'm doing today) and rip it apart. I guess then and only then will I know if the waste system is backed up, which I'm assuming it is.
    Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Thanks Stirton. Yeah, I think we've got the theory pretty well in place. The only thing left is to pull it into the shop (which I'm doing today) and rip it apart. I guess then and only then will I know if the waste system is backed up, which I'm assuming it is.
    Thanks.
    i had 4 or 5 units act as you decribe.all turned out to be the supply tubes backed up. these were units that did mostly black and white copys and were setup to default to black. while you have it apart clean out the supply system.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hey fool its due to fresh toner pipe line cacking.if u see one of the imaging unit full of colour in unit hooper.there only the problem.