Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

c6501 creo file issue

printing a 10 page booklet 11x17 (5 11X17 folded duplexed). at this print shop their customer gave them a file that was created in MS publisher and converted to PDF for the MAC to be printed , on the desktop file says its 24 megs. send to the creo file size is 677 megs try to do 50 books after 16 books copier stops data light still blinking and cero says printing no warnings no codes just stops . when it is printing i see the memory on the copier controll panel dip to 2% 17% 8%. tried this file on our demo room machine and the same thing happens .

Service Manager 250+ Posts ineo+6501's Avatar
    Sounds like the file itself to me. I would get the customer to re-create the PDF after checking the distiller settings or whatever they use to create the PDF.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Try printing the same file from a windows box and see if you get the same problem. And then reprint it, but select the "print as image" checkbox in "advanced" button when the first print dialog comes up.

I am not sure if Mac has this same option. But if the problem is cured via "print as image", find a way to reduce the original file size.

Truth be told, publisher is a piece of shit program that should never be used for doing things like this. But if it cannot be helped...get the user to reduce their file sizes for any and all graphics. Reduce the bit count to under 1024x768 resolution. There are many methods of doing this and maintain an image that is far far smaller in data size but still looks as good as its larger file. Publisher will not do this on its own.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Publisher has an issue with multiple copies. It creates a job with all the copies sent not just the first one with a repeat (simple version of the process) call for the rest. Try sending one copy to the hold queue and then change it to the number of copies needed and see if that works.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

thanks spock , we dont have access to the original publisher file its converted to a pdf so the MAC computer can print it . and we have been sending just one to the storage cue then sening 50 . going to try what Stirton. M sayes and print as image and see if that works thanks

print as image did the trick ,but wow file conversion to image at 600 dpi came to be 1.8 gigs!! did all 50 booklets no problem, thanks Stirton and all for input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Good show.

Much of that file size can be attributed to the embedded information. Any and all graphics, both art and photo, should be resized according to the xy plane they will occupy. Too many people think that higher resolution means better. It does, but there is always a point at which it becomes a detriment. Having a 2000 DPI image caught from a digital camera slapped into an area that will only realize a 300 DPI space without resizing to reduce the bit count, will only lead to problems like the one you saw. Sometimes the "graphic artist" gets the point and fixes their way of doing things, but sadly, some people do not seem to care. And Publisher does not help.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.