Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Ok, ok today i was personally in Press Bizhub C8000, presented by the Official Representative of Konica Minolta in Argentina, I'm really satisfied, we could see their performance, and is very good, plus I have some samples in my hand.

Anyone can estimate the cost per print?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    Ya, that was the gist I got too...base model was roughly $150K no options.

Not practical for some places, but large print shops could likely afford this. I've heard that many print shop presses make this look like chump change.
    It makes me wonder how things will change as these machines approach 100ppm and up. Specifically in regards to commercial printing presses. I think 4 color presses are still a lot more expensive compared to digital printers but they should still be cheaper to operate. Not to mention that presses with proper maintenance last decades. Today's presses are becoming more digital as well although still not the same as a copier/printer. Time will tell...

Here arrivals in three sets

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Presses vs opiers

I dont want to make any blanket statements about presses because there are many variables that need to be factored in.
    Some printers still use older processes where they have to Image film, process the film, use the film to image a plate, and process the plate.
    Other printers have Computer To Plate and Plateless technology.

Presses generally require a minimum run of between 5 and 10K sheets.
    On longer runs presses will always be cheaper.
    Toner Technology shines in the 5k and less, quick turn around, print on demand market.

example Printer get an Initial order of 50k brochures from a Real Estate developer, he runs that on press.
    every week the developer orders 1.5k more brochures, they go to a toner based machine

Just my 2 cents on how things work now and will continue to work in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    It makes me wonder how things will change as these machines approach 100ppm and up. Specifically in regards to commercial printing presses. I think 4 color presses are still a lot more expensive compared to digital printers but they should still be cheaper to operate. Not to mention that presses with proper maintenance last decades. Today's presses are becoming more digital as well although still not the same as a copier/printer. Time will tell...

Well Something like this