Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

C550 jams from Tray 4

C550 with 1.3 m copies perdominatly from tray 3/4. Latest firmware... Getting 17-10 code on tray 4. Replaced entire feed head from known working MFP with no change. No issues from tray 3. Tray 4 feeds 1st sheet about 3/4 in past paper feed sensor and stops. However, when I set tray 4 for "Thick" (slows copy speed down) I can run all day with 0 jams. I guess whats confusing me is 17-10 code is related to tray 3/4 horizontal transport, but I'm running from tray 4 so this code should not pop up and again, I can run the entire 1500 shhets from tray 3 w/o issue. Any ideas? Emujo

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    C550 with 1.3 m copies perdominatly from tray 3/4. Latest firmware... Getting 17-10 code on tray 4. Replaced entire feed head from known working MFP with no change. No issues from tray 3. Tray 4 feeds 1st sheet about 3/4 in past paper feed sensor and stops. However, when I set tray 4 for "Thick" (slows copy speed down) I can run all day with 0 jams. I guess whats confusing me is 17-10 code is related to tray 3/4 horizontal transport, but I'm running from tray 4 so this code should not pop up and again, I can run the entire 1500 shhets from tray 3 w/o issue. Any ideas? Emujo
    Check the service manual
    15.3.11 Misfeed at tray 3/4 intermediate transport roller section

That gives many solutions to this. Could be a clutch issue if slowing it down does the trick. With that many copies on the machine, I would not be surprised. Or the PFTDB is failing on tray 4. It may even be the pickup/feed torringtons slipping. Or not enough weight (downwards pressure) on the pickup tire.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I have a c550 with similar weird issues from 3/4. When testing from tray 4, I had a jam caused by paper coming from tray 3. I will try your thick paper mode as a work around. I am seeking answers from K-M.

hi

did you check the "LOCK CLAW/REAR"(black) from the lowest sidecover. two times they was broken at this machine till today and it was very difficult to see that mistake.

regards

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I will look at the claws when I go back. Were you getting the same jam code for this issue? Sirton, thanks for the input, but MFP was hauled in for this problem, we replaced every item listed in SM check points, ran about 1000 from tray 4 and thought all was well. Customer ran about 5000 before problem returned. It went from running perfect to 1st copy jams with no warning. Emujo

sorry but i didn't know witch jamcode the machines made. check it . . perhaps you have luck ;-)

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I will look at the claws when I go back. Were you getting the same jam code for this issue? Sirton, thanks for the input, but MFP was hauled in for this problem, we replaced every item listed in SM check points, ran about 1000 from tray 4 and thought all was well. Customer ran about 5000 before problem returned. It went from running perfect to 1st copy jams with no warning. Emujo
    I remember having a conversation with a co-worker recently about the drive assemblies for trays 3 and 4. His contention was that we are now seeing many jam issues with this series machine when the trays have had close to half a million count. In a few cases, he simply ordered and replaced the entire feed unit. The parts manual oddly has the unit for tray 3, 1500 sheet, as a single part number, but tray 4, 1000 sheet, has no single part number.

When looking at it, perhaps the torque limiters are where your problem is?? Or the customer is using shitty paper.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Stirton.M to head

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I posted a pic a while back of the sure fire fix for the old C450 boxes. I doubt that they problem would be in the box you are having though, seems to new.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by krm View Post
    I have a c550 with similar weird issues from 3/4. When testing from tray 4, I had a jam caused by paper coming from tray 3. I will try your thick paper mode as a work around. I am seeking answers from K-M.
    Tray 3 lift motor is soon broken.