Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Dust tends to build up in there. Poor design if you ask me. You can clean it off or take a can of dust off to it. It should get rid of the other smaller ones too if this is what is causing it.

Otherwise looks like something on the mag roller to me, too.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You are right that's the feed direction.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Okay, so if I understood you correctly, the feed direction was this:

Attachment 5837

So, since you only got that on cyan, I would check the cyan charge corona, the cyan developing unit and the cyan drum, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthetics1 View Post
    Dust tends to build up in there. Poor design if you ask me. You can clean it off or take a can of dust off to it. It should get rid of the other smaller ones too if this is what is causing it.

Otherwise looks like something on the mag roller to me, too.
    +1

It looks like fluff in dev unit, try inserting a bit of paper between the blade and roller and work it towards the back of the unit. You might be able to work it out.

A hair in the laser path under the potential sensor will give a sharp line.... But a hair or speck closer to the laser window gives a more unfocused White line like above.

For those who mentioned dirty charge corona.... That would give a dark line
    Laughing......

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    So do I have to check for hair or speck closer to the image unit window? Can you send me a pic of where to insert the bit of paper?

Thanks.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hosman80 View Post
    check your cyan dv unit, it looks like a something on the mag roller.

I agree...dev mag roller contaminant. Might be fuzz or a hardened piece of developer caught up in the mag/doctor blade.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drodas78 View Post
    So do I have to check for hair or speck closer to the image unit window? Can you send me a pic of where to insert the bit of paper?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of this. Typically, the developer unit is not serviced beyond simply dumping the developer powder and refilling it at periodic PM cycles, so there is no real breakdown of how it looks.

From the theory manual, the following image shows where the regulation plate (blade) (5) is found relative to the mag (developing roller)(4)

Capture.JPG

To access this, you need to open the cover of the dev unit itself. See attached image for where the screws are to allow this. The second picture shown shows the drive side, while the above picture shows the toner add side.

Capture2.JPG

Before you do so, I cannot stress enough that you be working on a largish clean table with nothing but the dev unit and your screwdriver. Opening up the dev chamber, if anything gets inside, will only add to your problems.

Removal of the cover is easy, take out the screws and gently lift the cover on the screw side. It will pivot on the developer roller side and can be removed. Installing it is the reverse.

As Horse described, use a slip of regular paper, it does not have to be large, a couple inches so you can hold onto it, gently slip it in between the plate and the roller and then slide the paper to either end, whichever is closest to the contaminant. You may have to repeat this several times. To test to see if you dealt with the contaminant, you will need to roll the developer roller a little to observe if the line reappears, or for that matter, moved in the direction you slid the paper towards to move it. See first image for the correct direction this roller should turn. Do not reverse the roller if at all possible.

Sometimes you may get lucky and can grab onto the contaminant itself. Fuzz for example, and just pull it out.

This is an exercise in patience. Do not be in a rush.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Just take off the black plastic piece that is just below the mag roller. Take a business card and run it along the bottom gap of the mag roller to clean out anything that might be blocking it. Also make sure that some dev hasn't worked it's way above the mag roller and onto the mylar. Be sure that the bottom of the dev unit is clean as well. Should be fine after that.

There is the possibility that you have something on the slit glass (but I RARELY see that dirty enough to cause that)
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

ESA
    Had this exact problem problem yesterday. Had a original toner bottle shipped defeative with clumps of toner in it (cyan). Got into the dev and bingo large white lines. Some how client didn't notice rocks like toner when shaking it? Dev unit is now shot as it is loaded with clumps. You should look at what was asked but being so white if you pull the dev unit you'll see it right away if it is here. Also dev maybe past life. Any error codes of late?

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhup PRO C6500 White line in cyan

Quote Originally Posted by ESA View Post
    Some how client didn't notice rocks like toner when shaking it?
    Your customers shake their toner? Wow, you got some clever ones!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

I have had my Techs chuck a few Dev units because they put lumpy developer in at a PM, Australian 45C (113F for you US folks) temperature not good for developer during summer.

I have had once instance where I had a very feint white line in the K, took the laser out and there was a fiber on the laser window. If the same fiber was caught under the potential sensor it would be the usual 'meandering lines' (see attached) and look very sharp. (see attached) which is more common. But because the white line was broader and more unfocused it was be likely that the fiber was closer to the source (laser) because of the 'laser sweep'.

Simple rule for laser path contamination... Sharper the deletion line the closer to the drum... the more unfocused the deletion the closer to the source.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Laughing......