Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    if you just wanna print and not worry about any options (ie duplex and use a certain tray) you can just use the HP Laserjet 4 driver (built into windows) and it will print all day long.

You'll need the ISW software and a computer (or laptop) with a parallel port to write the new firmware to the machine (oh.. you'll need the firmware as well) Mess it up and it's a brick.

I'm really starting to see a trend here, more and more people wanting firmware to update there machines. For un old box like this.. ya shouldn't do it. Ya mess it up and it's bye bye machine. Well... it is an old box and maybe that would force ya to get a new box or pay someone who know's what they are doing to come out and do it for ya.

And the (it seems to me) requests as of late for firmware from people that I honestly feel shouldn't have it is really starting to grow as of late. I don't mean to come down on ya ejaboneta, but... your post was convenient for me.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

ejaboneta
    The hp driver did work. Thanks for the advice. However, I would still like to know how to update the firmware... where to get it and the software. And maybe even how to find the current firmware version. I followed some instructions that gave me the startup version 5.8.2... Is this it?
    Last edited by ejaboneta; 08-26-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaboneta View Post
    The hp driver did work. Thanks for the advice. However, I would still like to know how to update the firmware... where to get it and the software. And maybe even how to find the current firmware version. I followed some instructions that gave me the startup version 5.8.2... Is this it?
    5.8.2 sounds like it's probably the print controller. Was that on a page that spit out a while after the machine was turned on?

Good luck on getting the software.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Konica 7145 printing code

Well, I'm temped to give him the necessary tools for updating the firmware - now that the machine is working, maybe he'll brick it and we get some good laughs.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Technician

If I recall this right....

When printing to a 7145 I recall you had to enable the 'print to queue' and name this queue 'print'....

I might be wrong, but I do remember I had to do something like this on a PCL5 driver...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Not necessarily, they'll accept jobs from port 9100 (raw) as well if its enabled iirc.. I have used PORT or PORT1 with lpr though on occasion.

Regards!
    A.

ejaboneta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Well, I'm temped to give him the necessary tools for updating the firmware - now that the machine is working, maybe he'll brick it and we get some good laughs.

It's not exactly working, but hey, if only just for laughs, go right ahead!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ejaboneta View Post
    It's not exactly working, but hey, if only just for laughs, go right ahead!
    Just remembered that KM's firmwares are area-based. So, unless your machine is European, my firmware probably won't do any good to you.
    If you want it anyway, just say so - I'll send it to you on the condition that you'll post a video of the bricked machine on Youtube.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

ejaboneta
    Thanks... but maybe I'll skip your offer. Anyone with the right firmware, I'll promise pictures, videos, whatever!

ejaboneta
    Well if I can't get the firmware to do it myself, what's the best way to find a tech who can do it for me? We're in the San Francisco California bay area. Konica won't do anything without a service contract and our usual tech doesn't seem to know anything about it so i need to find someone new.
    Last edited by ejaboneta; 08-31-2010 at 12:08 AM.