Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar
    RRodgers...maybe you are..i am in San Diego..wanna come give it a shot?lol
    i am going with the theorie that the print engine is not in spec as the ccd is so far a very good representation of the kind of off balance printing we have been getting from right off of the pc. Pretty much the same exact problems...now i do not know that he has tested the PS driver as of yet...and maybe that will change things but i highly doubt is since so far everything has been out about the same no matter what was tried. The cyan just always looks dark.,.wrong shade of cyan even on the samlpe print i provided you can see that...so if it is engine..and i already replaced cyan iu and magenta iu..what else? transfer belt replacement or should i up the IDC?> play with numbers in the settings..i will run more tests and calibrations when i get there..just want to have all bases covered.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Next using a high grade paper run the stabilization and gradation until all numbers are below 75 (book and tech support will say below 100 is good).
    I should have been more clear. I meant to say between -75 and +75. Every time a customer complains about color reproduction those are the steps I follow. About 80% of the time I do not need to replace anything. There was an article about the reds being more orange then red but I do not know if it applied to this model. Also use the internal test patterns to check the consistency from front to back and left to right. I would not use a test chart until every thing else has been checked.

What Stirton.M said about the life of the components is valid. Age affects each of these differently. You may need to replace the white reference sheet, the ccd, laser, etc. But that is the last option. Try doing what I posted earlier and see if it gets the output closer to what the customer needs.
    Last edited by Mr Spock; 08-27-2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: one day I will learn to type without typo's.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

not so fast RRodgers..i am in San Diego ..this needs to get resolved ASAP..wanna take a crack at it? normally i like to do it all myself but at this point in time i just need to get their machine to a point where it is at least in the normal range...

I am going to go with the theorie that the print engine is not correct...and only because it doesn't seem to matter so far what we try..print,copy,image adjustmet ornot..new iu or not...it is always the same..cyan wrong shade...and too dark.
    Now what causes it? i am not sure which i why i am here...maybe transfer belt?
    maybe i need to go in and change IDC values..or play with other numbers..TCR? maybe change drums to make sure that it is not a defective or bad iu even though i just replaced it. I will even put in a new toner and run ??? pages through it til the new toner is through (however long that takes anyway)
    I am game to any suggestions and will try all the ones that were offered ...I assume everyone saw how off the color is on "copy b" that i had folded and over laid on the original..i mean that is not even close..and it does pretty much the same thing when printing so obviously something is off besides color matching..i need to get this machine into the normal realm first. i know they tend to be a bit dark but this one seems excessive?? or maybe i am expecting too much from it also...but i would really love to find out what is going on..i think it is capable.and i know machines change oveer time and thi sone is not brand new but it has 201K and to me that is not a high number....it may not be a baby but not time to retire it just yet. I am betting it has something to do with the transfer belt i reset since only that (and the yellow i that i chipped) is left at this point....unless someone knows of something else that can cause it....

dammit it..i reposted the same basic thing twice because i didn't see it. anyway! Thank you Mr. Spock!!! I will try that also...I wonder if this machine is one of them..cuz some of the sheets they ran and some they copied the reds were not the right color..some things were orange..some of the browns were not right. The blue is always too dark the green is always the wrong shade..the grayscale looks off to me when i run it in test pattern. and now that i reset the machine the copies look kinda yellowish..and well you can see the rest of what i am talking about on the sample sheets i posted. I would attribute the red being off and the blues and greens to the fact that even straight cyan or magenta on a copy looks off so i think the engine is off. also when i did run internal tests it is the same left to right top to bottom..no differences there.and again yellow density pages would jam in fuser. Perhaps yellow iu needs changed? perhaps transfer voltages are out of whack? perhaps i need to run gradation again? i will recheck ..re clean, swap drums and do what i need to do to get it where it should be ..then the fun will start with the fiery. oh yes? do i need to enable it to work in the menu?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I probably could. It's going to cost ya beer and stripper though. send me a PM.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    looks like non oem toner to me

Just saw the replies...not sure why the website did not email me. Anyway we could arrange sumthin like that @ RRodgers
    now...WaveyDavey...i am thinking the same thing...even though the toners are black they technically still could have been afer market. I sat here asking myself what can cause cyan..or pure magenta by itself to look darker. I keep comming up with the same answer...toner..I mean ..can developer do that? i know if the page looks like ya can do a tcr toner add...but can developer make it dark and if so what is the fix? then my mind keeps going back to what if those 2 colors were somehow just aftermarket??? how do i flush the bad toner out if that is the case?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Just let me know. My weekends fill up real quick. Oh... and I'm getting sued for just under $200k, so I need the money!!!
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    replace the image units outright. Unlike the C6500 series, this machine cannot do a toner refresh mode.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Mr. Spock i forgot to follow up with you..but it was calibrated in that manner and that was right before and again after the
    <hang on for a sec.>

Stirton....
    the 2 new IU's were put in....overtime it seemed to worsen which is why i reset all of the color profiles back to "0"
    The fact that cyan by itself is not the correct color and same with magenta ...they are both on the dark side..always..i am thinking toner!!

I just want to know if there is anything else that can effect it. Also i thought there was a way to do toner refresh on this model...through TCR Toner Supply???
    Anyway , After the 3 color chips were reset i got tired of fighting with themachine and thought the easiest solution at that time was to replace the IU that needed replaced(magenta was overtoning so that went in first) then cyan didn't quite match up color wise so that was repllaced...through lots of calibration at times it got close but never perfect..always a shade or 2 off..then it got worse as they ran 2,000 pages through it. That is when i returned to reset everything back to zero and noticed that Cyan by itself and magenta by itself is way tooo dark even....So that is why i am thinking toner. The cyan is empty anyway so i will replace it but how can i flush out the toner if the stuff in there is aftermarket? Also is it possible if there is too much developer mixing in..would it tur nthe actual shade dark?
    I now took this machine to the shop so i can play with it and then get it back out in the filed one day...SO hopefully i soon have some new answers just wanted to see what the pros thought.