Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    As expensive as it may appear, I would suggest that you start from baseline and replace the entire IU set, along with the toners. It would be beneficial to ensure that the transfer belt and second transfer rollers are also new, or at least have not been reset for life count. Sometimes an imbalance in any IU can really throw things out of whack as the machine tries to compensate.

Be sure to clean the IDC sensors.

And reset ALL colour adjustments in tech rep. Everything back to zero. Factory reset cannot hurt as well. In fact, do this before any new consumables have been put in.

I think firmware was mentioned as a must do.

Reset and stabilize should generally level the playing field for each IU. If third party toner is suspected, doing a toner add will not flush the toner, it will merely add (top up) the toner level to at least 7% or so. Adjusting the toner level setting will increase this value. Have you checked that? It is always possible this could be the problem. Toner density adjustments can also throw things out.

As for developer mixing into the final print, it is possible. But it would also be obvious as the printed colour half tone would look gritty and feel gritty on the page.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar
    well, starting tuesday i will do my best to go through each part of this machine til i can get it back into spec. Thank you to everyone for the words of advice. I always like to get as many eyes and brains on a problem child like this to see if i missed something. 2 things i will have a problem with though is 1. Firmware..i have no way of getting the firmware for this model. and 2. I never cleaned the IDC sensors on this model, but i assume that means i need to tear down the transfer belt. One last question that i posed a few times and did not get an answer to is this. Does anyone know if after market toner seems to be darker? I am hoping as i go through this step by step at some point it all comes together. Thank you all again. RRodgers, stayed tuned..if it gives me a problem ya are fairly close.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Firmware, RRodgers may be able to help you with I think. K0 (K-zero) is the most current, with several variants to the base K0 code. But if you are at least K0, you should be fine.

The IDCs are easy to get at. Simply remove the transfer belt, even just a couple inches out is enough. The IDC sensors can be found on the right side guide plate (black plate that is below the transfer belt). There is a metal cover that moves via a lever, which exposes the sensors. You should be able to see a small white plastic tab on the left side of the guide plate, that when pressed, moves the metal cover. Simply clean with a dust cloth is usually all that is needed.

As for aftermarket toner, it may or may not be darker. And likely is not subject to the strict standards of OEM, so it may be fine in one batch, too dark in the next, too light in the next. Basically, you get what you paid for, which is why I will never be an advocate of aftermarket toners. Too many unknowns.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by mailderrick View Post
    well, starting tuesday i will do my best to go through each part of this machine til i can get it back into spec. Thank you to everyone for the words of advice. I always like to get as many eyes and brains on a problem child like this to see if i missed something. 2 things i will have a problem with though is 1. Firmware..i have no way of getting the firmware for this model. and 2. I never cleaned the IDC sensors on this model, but i assume that means i need to tear down the transfer belt. One last question that i posed a few times and did not get an answer to is this. Does anyone know if after market toner seems to be darker? I am hoping as i go through this step by step at some point it all comes together. Thank you all again. RRodgers, stayed tuned..if it gives me a problem ya are fairly close.

I'd like to round all these good ideas were raised in these post such as Stirton.
    In summary, the bizhub C450 is a very easy to carry and has a good performance with the functions for which it was designed. some try to get the most out of this system for example by reprographic work, which in my opinion is also able to solve this work but with the known limitations.

My recommendation independently of firmaware updates are =

* Replace all image units (CMYK) + Transfer Unit + and Fuser so not to have doubts about the quality of image.

* Restart all the settings related to the image stabilization control.

* Perform all preventative maintenance steps as recommended in the field service manual according to state of Bizhub and for this type of replacement and check maintenance counter.

To end do not forget to gradation settings, make these steps as outlined in the Installation manual of the Bizhub C450.
    to carry out this adjustment Find a good quality substrate, or one that represents the use that will be given to the Bizhub.

note = should not have problems after performing these adjustments and replacements, if you still see flaws, such as uneven density or white lines, carefully check the print head (LPH).

Then this should not give any kind of problem unless the Bizhub has been disassembled in some sensitive areas such as high voltage circuit and other related with the image, in this case must present a plan of reconstruction. analyze time and cost.

so as said before Stirton, do not use alternative supplies if you are not an expert to carry out adjustments proved necessary. Uses it only OEM components.

PS = we should have a shortcut to say all this, something like, first performs preventive maintenance. and then begin to address any particular issue. all these mountains of posts saying the same thing in different orders and point of views.
    Last edited by jma676; 09-06-2010 at 12:11 AM.