Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C350 Windows 7 Driver?

Bizhub C350 Windows 7 Driver?

Does anyone know how to get a C350 to print with Windows 7?

Thanks

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Does anyone know how to get a C350 to print with Windows 7?

Thanks

Kelly
    Bizhub C350 PCL6 (EN-UK) Drivers Win7 Download

PCL6 and be Happy!!!

Download:Online Services - Search

or direct : http://download6.konicaminolta.eu/ko...x86_1120en.zip

Ok, Thank you! and maybe you need post this thread here:

Connectivity

Diceman

Need Konica Minolta C-350 & C-450 Windows 7 64bit efi print controller drivers

I recently upgraded my computers to Windows 7 64 bit after seeing a release that there is a new windows7 64bit driver by konica/efi.

Unfortunately, while the driver allows you to print regular pages, all the print options are disabled. You cant pint duplex, booklet, fold and staple,etc.

There is no user interface screen as in the older drivers (IC401 & IC402). On efi website, they say there are way to get the other print options but provides no help.

If anybody knows how to configure this interface for booklets please help me.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: IC-402

Use the vista 64/32 bit. This is for the Fiery equipped models.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

gdhoog
    Hello,

I tried to install Win7 64bit drivers for a C451 yesterday, to no avail.
    Tried:
    C650/550/451 (WHQL) - 6.3.0.0
    Download Result - Download Center | KONICA MINOLTA
    C650/550/451 (WHQL) - 6.3.1.0

Steps:
    - Unzipped to folder
    - Navigated to \\server\printer - right click - install
    OR add printer - network printer
    - Windows 7 tries to locate driver, can't find, asks me to point to it
    - I point to the extracted files (INF file) - OK
    - Windows 7 tells me 'not the right driver for this hardware'.

There IS a driver currently installed on this laptop. However, it has no detailed tabs (layout, finishing, ...). I need to set up secure print.

I've found this thread and another, each suggesting other drivers. The person owning the laptop visits our firm once per week, I can't bother him with endless testing and don't have a spare w7 64-bit. So I'm trying to narrow down what will most probably work.

Thanks in advance!

PS: we also have 420 & C253 - although not critical, suggestions for these models are welcome!

Technician
    Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: bizhub C451

You are using the correct driver set, everyone's going to hate me for suggesting this but KM Universal has worked for me when the other driver sets have failed.

Have you tried instead of pointing to Network printer; point to Local and creating a new TCP/IP port that points to the printers IP/name? This way you can just force the driver through without the 'incorrect hardware' error. If the printer is set up correctly it should work to some degree, correct driver or not.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdhoog View Post
    Hello,

I tried to install Win7 64bit drivers for a C451 yesterday, to no avail.
    Tried:
    C650/550/451 (WHQL) - 6.3.0.0
    C650/550/451 (WHQL) - 6.3.1.0

Steps:
    - Unzipped to folder
    - Navigated to \\server\printer - right click - install
    OR add printer - network printer
    - Windows 7 tries to locate driver, can't find, asks me to point to it
    - I point to the extracted files (INF file) - OK
    - Windows 7 tells me 'not the right driver for this hardware'.

There IS a driver currently installed on this laptop. However, it has no detailed tabs (layout, finishing, ...). I need to set up secure print.

I've found this thread and another, each suggesting other drivers. The person owning the laptop visits our firm once per week, I can't bother him with endless testing and don't have a spare w7 64-bit. So I'm trying to narrow down what will most probably work.

Thanks in advance!

PS: we also have 420 & C253 - although not critical, suggestions for these models are welcome!
    First is this the emperon or fiery?
    second this needs the firmware updated to use the new drivers (f/w release 3 of i-option)
    third try this:
    run the add printer wizard.
    when it ask for driver select download from windows updates
    wait about 5-6 minutes (microsoft is slow in sending these down)
    then scroll through and check all the Konica options for the printer.

This method loads a pseudo driver but it works.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

gdhoog
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    First is this the emperon or fiery?
    second this needs the firmware updated to use the new drivers (f/w release 3 of i-option)
    third try this:
    run the add printer wizard.
    when it ask for driver select download from windows updates
    wait about 5-6 minutes (microsoft is slow in sending these down)
    then scroll through and check all the Konica options for the printer.

This method loads a pseudo driver but it works.
    Hello Mr Spock,

How do I recognize Empron or Fiery? I'm from Europe, and am beginning to assume the tech details of printers are mostly handled by resellers. I'm trying to find my way through various manuals and sites, with varying success.

So I need to update the firmware of all my devices to allow W7 64-bit drivers to work? Or just to allow the latest driver versions to work? That's quite some effort for one user imho. Is there no quick & dirty fix for now? We're not planning to upgrade more devices to W7 64-bit.

I've tried your suggestion of letting windows search. It indeed tries for about a minute, then tells me there is no suitable driver found.
    I've also tried the 'universal' driver suggested here: Konica Minolta Knowlegebase . It auto-searched the network, and I pointed it to some IP addresses of MFC's, to no avail (no supported printer/MFC found).

Cheers,
    Live long & prosper

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdhoog View Post
    Hello Mr Spock,

How do I recognize Empron or Fiery? I'm from Europe, and am beginning to assume the tech details of printers are mostly handled by resellers. I'm trying to find my way through various manuals and sites, with varying success.

So I need to update the firmware of all my devices to allow W7 64-bit drivers to work? Or just to allow the latest driver versions to work? That's quite some effort for one user imho. Is there no quick & dirty fix for now? We're not planning to upgrade more devices to W7 64-bit.

I've tried your suggestion of letting windows search. It indeed tries for about a minute, then tells me there is no suitable driver found.
    I've also tried the 'universal' driver suggested here: Konica Minolta Knowlegebase . It auto-searched the network, and I pointed it to some IP addresses of MFC's, to no avail (no supported printer/MFC found).

Cheers,
    Live long & prosper
    You can find the latest drivers for your machine here... Konica Minolta Knowlegebase

The difference between the empron and fiery is that the fiery is an external "PC" that acts as a print server for the copier. Its primary function is for colour accuracy based on the pantone pallet, but it also allows for much greater functionality with regard to printing...far too many things to describe here....a google search or visit EFI.com will help you understand the pros of having one.

Most KM MFPs are sold without a fiery. These are primarily a niche market and not everyone needs them. The internal controller, Empron, is pretty damn good on its own anyway. To know if you have one or not, the obvious is an additional set of cables from a device on the lower right rear of the main body. Pressing the Utility key will show the additional button option "Controller", which will show you the interface of the fiery at the control panel of the copier.

That said...

It is infinitely easier to install the drivers from the installation CD...the wizard is pretty straight forward with regard to installing a new driver. Generally fool proof. Even my 78 y/o mom can figure it out. The downloaded drivers, from the link I provided above, also have the same wizard. Exercise a little patience when you first try to install the driver...the wizard is sometimes slow in what it does, even on fast computers. The wizard will, through the progression of dialog, look for the MFP on its own. It will see any compatible devices available on your network and prompt you to continue if it finds any and preselects this for you. The next step is simply to decide on which drivers you want. If you have a fax option, going into the options dialog will present you with a fax driver check box (along with the PCL and PS drivers selected by default). If you have no fax option, simply continue and wait for the driver to install.

A couple small pitfalls....

Make sure that the copier is fully connected to your network. Generally I recommend to allow the copier upon install be set to DHCP, for it to gather all the network settings according to the router/server controls, which includes the ever important DNS entries. Then when it has fully established a network connection, simply change the IP address field of the network setting to a fixed address of your choosing. Failure to have a proper network setting will produce issues, the least of which that the driver install wizard may not see the copier.

Firewalls (not the windows standard firewall), and some domain control servers (2k3 and upwards) can be set to restrict network connectivity with MFPs like the C451. In such cases, you may have to manually set the IP address in the setup wizard to "see" the MPF through it.

Also, some anti-virus programs can interfere with the installer wizard and prevent a successful driver install using that method. Panda is one such example...temporarily disable the AV program in such circumstances.

Windows 7 x64 can be finicky regarding driver installation, but I have had no issues with this series of MFP when doing the driver install.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.