Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4521

I thought that was the problem with the total counter wires trapped and killing ICP17 although I'm a bit confused with that picture since that looks like the back of the process unit. Trapping those wires is usually CC101 because it kills ICP23. Well at least you got it going mate.
    Laughing......

printsibiu
    So it is the back of process unit,who nows for this short ground gives me error 4521 or 2840 when i do color calibration from service mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It seems there is a confusion, the cable(Wire) you see in the image Sample on the CARRIAGE SECTION, not belongs to DRPS Cable(wire), maybe belongs to SD1 (Separation claw unit), and maybe this interferes with the Color Registration or Density Control Patch....
    much Fantasy?...

But the fact is also that if the ICP17 is blown you should see only one code, as when ICP23 Blown is fixed the C-C101, or another, Check ICP List.
    Or just the cable (wire) was in contact with the chassis ground, and the vibration made failures these were random.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICP17

Total counter
    Separation claw SD
    Color registration sensor shutter SD
    IDC sensor shutter SD

That would have to to be the Separation claw SD wires pinched at the back of the process unit, never had that one myself just CC101.

Have to mark that down in my book.
    Laughing......

4 months ago, my client ran to buy the offer of a BP KM C6500, very cheap, when received is realized that the C-C101 was present, so he called me and there I went to check this: Config: FS503 / KMC6500/LU202.I check all the words of the TAD KM ... , WIRE, ICP and all the components that can be suspected short circuit.., and when trying to Reflash, the Error196 appeared, but the FS503 was fine.
    believe me, so I decided to replace the PRCB and until now works correctly.

Never really see what happened to the PRCB, had no problem with ICPs , the only thing I know is that blocking the activation of a DC24V lines of DCPS. and also had a C-C102, joined in the ManagmentList.

Personally never had this happen with BPC6500/BPC6501 I'm taking, I've been keeping these up to 3 000 000 (3000K).. and this never happened.

And I could not trace of where this BPC6500 really came.

The truth is that there are people out there making use of these devices without having the slightest idea of what they do, as well as those who constantly come here wondering what the hell happened and can not say that shit made.
    "It is not your case printsubiu" donīt worry.

that's all folks.

Re: 4521

Hi to all,

Maybe I am little late for this tread but i just got same code C-4521. If ICP17 is open, can it be replaced while waiting for new PRCB to arrive, can it be overridden because I am in a middle of job with tight dead line . I will probably find total counter wiring problem because when I booted in service mode I noticed that my current counter in service mode is 560182 and on mechanical total counter is 560180 and error code appeared in middle of print job, not at start-up. Same day in morning after 10 days of no go with machine because error c-2711 occurred we found wire problem inside of belt on 1st transfer roller, loose connector that was broken when it was tested. After fixing that, machine started normally, color registration passed with success and we decided to put covers back. After printing 1000 copies machine stopped with C4521 code.

Any advise?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nijebitno View Post
    Hi to all,

Maybe I am little late for this tread but i just got same code C-4521. If ICP17 is open, can it be replaced while waiting for new PRCB to arrive, can it be overridden because I am in a middle of job with tight dead line . I will probably find total counter wiring problem because when I booted in service mode I noticed that my current counter in service mode is 560182 and on mechanical total counter is 560180 and error code appeared in middle of print job, not at start-up. Same day in morning after 10 days of no go with machine because error c-2711 occurred we found wire problem inside of belt on 1st transfer roller, loose connector that was broken when it was tested. After fixing that, machine started normally, color registration passed with success and we decided to put covers back. After printing 1000 copies machine stopped with C4521 code.

Any advise?

Thanks

From KM Bulletin
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOM

Error code C-4521 may occur when the machine is first turned on.

CAUSE

The wiring between the printer control board (PRCB) and the hardware
    counters
    may be pinched. If the wire is shorted to ground, ICP17
    on the printer control board (PRCB) will blow, resulting in the error code. If
    the wire is broken internally without shorting, the machine will
    function but the counter will not increment.

SOLUTION

It is recommended that all machines be inspected at setup or
    the next service call to prevent future incidents. Inspect the
    wiring that goes to the hardware counters. If it is damaged, repair
    or replace the wiring and the printer control board, as necessary.
    If the wiring is not damaged, reposition it so that it is secured in the plastic hooks behind the counters. This will
    keep the wiring from being pinched when the cover is removed and reinstalled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem solved

We removed pinched wire and made it shorter, little bit of soldering solved it. We ordered PRCB but we have changed ICP17 fuse with new one, put everything back and machine is booting as new. So far 10k prints and running

So if intimidate help is needed replacing ICP17 fuse is option to consider.

Thanks to all.

Milos

Emmanuel

Hi all,I am new on this forum. My first post.I purchas a used Konica Minolta C6501 copier from china recently that just arriva at my print shop in Liberia.At first switch on, it is showing me error code c4520. I have clean the color registration sensors, check the print control board for blown fuses. I have not replace any parts yet, because I purchase this copier myself and was present went it was tested, pack and ship. So I am thinking went this problem develop since I am the first person to switch it on after it arrive.I am a tech but on canon copier.

Hello, C4521 or C4520, this thread talks about C4521.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
    Hi all,I am new on this forum. My first post.I purchas a used Konica Minolta C6501 copier from china recently that just arriva at my print shop in Liberia.At first switch on, it is showing me error code c4520. I have clean the color registration sensors, check the print control board for blown fuses. I have not replace any parts yet, because I purchase this copier myself and was present went it was tested, pack and ship. So I am thinking went this problem develop since I am the first person to switch it on after it arrive.I am a tech but on canon copier.