Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Konica Minolta Bizhub C252 Touch Panel Doesn't Work?

Any ideas on how to fix the touch panel for the bizhub c 252?

Customer said prior to service, the touch panel was off calibration by about an inch. Now the touch panel is not recognizing any touch at all. I've tried the panel calibration under accessibility-panel calibration, with now luck(start button wont light green after i touch all four marks).

I am not able to get into service mode from utility/counter, because i am unable to touch the details button in order to do the ole stop 00 stop 01. I am unable to do a trouble reset holding the utility button on start-up because i cannot press the reset trouble button on screen.

I've taken apart the display panel and have reset all connections and inspected the touch element, no signs of damage. Also all other physical buttons on the display panel work fine.

Any ideas? Will re-flashing the firmware help? or will i just have to replace the touch element?

Thanks in advance.
    -MN TECH

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Check the technical bulletins on KonicaMinolta's website. There was a bulletin about the touch screens going bad. This applies to several different models. It had something to do with glue going bad in the screens. If I remember right, they will replace it free of charge.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    There is nothing on the TSB/TAD regarding free replacement of these panels, nor anything specific to the glue as mentioned.

There are two entries on the TSB/TAD that reference unresponsive touch pad, both entries are the same. Replace the panel. The entire panel is a single part number. The touch panel portion itself is identical to those found on earlier models like the C250 and C351. You can mix and match if you have a boneyard machine to pick from.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    WOW! Why do you always come in with an attitude STIRTON.M. Try This Bulletin. TAUS0902331. Part number for panel is
    9981000367FOC F.O.C. Stands for Free Of Charge. Contact your local KM rep for help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks mo0651,
    do you have a link to that bulletin?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    FOC program applies only to KM dealers...Still need a auth km tech to go out and assess then order the "FOC" part. If no contract..good luck getting it for free. Emujo

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Angry Nothing Official?

I am unable to find anything official from KM saying that this is a defective item (not to say I don't believe you). It clearly is; this issue is showing up everywhere. The real question is....how the heck do we go about getting replacements!? We are not an authorized dealer either so this will get difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    WOW! Why do you always come in with an attitude STIRTON.M. Try This Bulletin. TAUS0902331. Part number for panel is
    9981000367FOC F.O.C. Stands for Free Of Charge. Contact your local KM rep for help.

What attitude? I did not see any reference to this on the master bulletin and search terms for this problem did not yield results. In fact, the TAU # you provided is not even in the active solutions page, which was last updated march 2009 for the C252. I proposed another avenue option based on personal opinion. There was no attitude.

If there is any attitude here, I would say you are the one with it. You could have simply stated the TAU and left it at that.

There is no one single answer to everything, even this problem, and everyone can offer a solution if they know one.

And emujo makes a valid point. End users do not have access to this program, so it would appear that this is a moot point.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by dinkyoaf View Post
    I am unable to find anything official from KM saying that this is a defective item (not to say I don't believe you). It clearly is; this issue is showing up everywhere. The real question is....how the heck do we go about getting replacements!? We are not an authorized dealer either so this will get difficult.

As emujo stated, you will need to have an authorized service rep from KM to service the machine.
    ---Groucho Marx

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Does anybody know where I can buy one of these touch plates? For a decent price?