Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar

C10 "cyan toner not installed"

I got sent to a call I knew I should have simply refused to do....A C10

I generally do not like small format printers like these and for good reasons. This one has given me a lot of grief...damaged fuser from customer trying to remove a jam improperly. Jam likely caused by fuser temp abnormality due to power supply unit not producing correct voltage for the heat lamp...long story short, I spent many hours trying to figure that stupid little issue out...and having to take apart an entire machine just to replace something, put it all back together and test, find that did not work...redo all the above....

I'm ready to hit it with a freight truck....

Anyway...got that problem resolved and now have this ongoing issue with "cyan toner not installed" message.

The machine goes through the routine of rolling the cartrige carriage, periodically stopping on each unit to presumably check the device is present and maybe the counter???? But it will go through all that and start what seems the warmup stage and eventually that message comes up.

Removing the cyan cartridge, the machine will noticeably do a back and forth wiggle when looking for the cartridge. So presumably the machine does know that the cartridge is installed or not by that difference alone, yet it refuses to cooperate when the cartridge is installed.

Have installed a new unit cartridge. No difference. Swapped the PRC board. No difference.

The manual is mostly useless on this problem.

And there is nothing I could find on the TAD.

Has anyone ever encountered this themselves and what did you do to resolve it, assuming you put in the effort?
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Unfortunately I have quite a lot of experience on these. I would suspect that the contacts that read the chips on the toner cartridge have become deformed and are not reading the chips correctly. Before you say why only the cyan cartridge is affected I`ve had them randomly not read all of the cartrides at some point or another. It seems the machine will pick on a particular cartridge and just refuse to read it. The fix is fairly simple if not a little fiddly. You need to replace contact assembly which confusingly is called a "push button switch" despite the fact it has no buttons or switches on it. The part number is 4139R73511, but I would check that for your country.While your at it, put an extra screw and washer where the scanner release lever goes (theres a vacant hole for this) and put a little lube on the scanner lock claws. If the scanner gets difficult to unlock you can kiss goodbye to an hour and a half to replace the scanner release mechanism!!!
    Best of luck (you need it on these).......

Thanks for that info....I will be sure to use this when I get that unit up and running again. For now, I've swapped the main unit with another machine that had a serious board failure....fire....heh...the main unit itself is ok...

And luck would seem to have everything to do with these POCs.

And that lever, yep...we did a mod on that while mucking around, tearing it apart for the billionth time to deal with that fuser issue.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C10 "cyan toner not installed"

I agree totally with the other poster, I ran into a similar problem myself on the sister MC2490. The easiest way to replace that assembly is to remove the covers and rotate the rack manually to remove each toner cartridge. Any other way is a major pain. Remove the side and front covers and it can be done very quickly.

Had the same problems many times. You can use contact assembly from Bizhub C250/252/300 and so on - lasts for longer The rest like in Cantechman post.

macias-m1
    Cantechman is right. In my opinion the best contacts was in PP 1390 and their fit in this machine too.

Cyan not installed...

I had a problem that was similar, I called magicolor and was instructed to look at the switch that sits at the bottom of the carriage unit, I cleaned all the toner contacts and that switch and that seem to fix my issue, I was told also that if cleaning it didnt work to replace the switch.

Yea, we are going with replacing the switch...got one on order...the swapped mainbody will get that one while the customer enjoys their "newish" machine with the boards swapped around. The other machine, the second board (cannot recall the name of it, MCB???, to the right of the printer control, under the network and fax cards) has a serious ROM failure...suspect I need to reflash that...though I cannot say for sure if that will fix it. Maybe just order a new board and be done with that too.
    ---Groucho Marx

Technician
    fault is usally caused by transfer unit recycle unit blocking up and dropping toner down the right hand side dirtying detection switch.strip down transfer recyle unit ,vacuum out check for blockages andamages mylar . clean switch contacts and cartridge contacts