Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    santos

Can't access my C353 from the browser

My C353 is networked and my staff can print to it just fine but I can't access it from the web or pagescope. I can get to the fiery from the browser but just not to the konica software through the browser. Also, my scan to email is also down.

Any suggestions?

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Uh....the fiery Controller on the machine is only accessible through the web interface of the copier itself in the web browser. What you are speaking of here does not make sense.

Or alternatively, you can access the fiery itself through command workstation or through remote desktop.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

santos
    I normally can access the fiery thourgh the browser at x.x.x.230 as well as the Konica pagescope web connection at x.x.x.231. Currently I can only access the x.x.x.230 through the browser.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Check the settings. If sounds as if one is off. Is the copier set for dhcp or manual? Check the ip of the nic card for the emporean controller. It should start with 172.... If not then it is not "connecting" correctly to your network. The fiery passes the +1 ip through it so it can print but not access the web page if this is not correctly set.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    It is possible that the IP address given through the fiery may be in conflict with another device elsewhere on the network. Give the fiery an address that falls outside of the DHCP range.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    You may also want to go into the Fiery setup and verify that "assign IP to engine" is set to yes as this is what provides the +1 IP to the emperon. This can also be verified by printing out the connfig sheet. Gotta love the Canon w/ Fierys that have a "Launch Remote UI" icon right on the Fiery Web Page. Emujo

Kgoat

Re: Can't access my C353 from the browser

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    My C353 is networked and my staff can print to it just fine but I can't access it from the web or pagescope. I can get to the fiery from the browser but just not to the konica software through the browser. Also, my scan to email is also down.

Any suggestions?
    The correct ip for your MFP should be +-1 numeric value in the last octet from the Fiery. Or you can log onto the printer and change the ip address with the same subnet as the firery. As for scans you must change the settings on the printer to be able to have special permissions. Username is the host name where the folder was created which can be determined by opening CMD user> user being the log on account.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

ooohhh, Zombie thread

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    ooohhh, Zombie thread

If it is looking for some tech brain, I'm pretty safe. Not much in my head. lol

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kgoat View Post
    The correct ip for your MFP should be +-1 numeric value in the last octet from the Fiery. Or you can log onto the printer and change the ip address with the same subnet as the firery. As for scans you must change the settings on the printer to be able to have special permissions. Username is the host name where the folder was created which can be determined by opening CMD user> user being the log on account.
    Gotta give you an E for effort, but this thread is over 6 years old..I'm sure the MFP is long gone, some of the posters are gone too. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.