Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    worker drone 250+ Posts
    45-20 is color registration failure. To do this, it creates and developes 7's and backward 7's on both far sides of the transfer belt. It then uses the sensors that are under the shutters to read the timing and angularity of both sides for each color. If the belt is off track, it will mis-read and code. If the sensors are covered, it wil not read and code. If the belt does not turn right, same thing. If you have something that keeps one of the colors from deleloping be it a bad corona, development unit, drum, to whatever, it will code. Have your tech go into 36 mode and run each color one at a time with full laser power and others off to make sure each color is full across the page. If that is ok, and you have already tried the belt unit and the sensor unit, it will narrow down pretty fast. I don't know what else to tell you.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Coptech, I had a friend that knows the machine better than me & he said the developer is over its 100,000. It's density is around 88. When I ran the color register, I noticed lines on the belt for each color, except the black. Is there any way to increase the density of the black?. My tech is not anwering his phone & I have no other means. I called several (5 ) companies & all said that there would be a $300.00 to $400.00 to check over the entire machine.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    If there is no black at all, I am betting that the development unit for the black has a stripped gear or no developer in it. I think you are down to deciding if the machine is worth that repair charge to you. It is time to let the service company earn their keep on this one. If the development unit is bad and it needs black developer as well, (and it will as the new units are empty when received) It will cost substantially more than the estimates you were given. Be prepared.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I hope for your sake it's only a stripped gear in the dev unit, but they usually strip cuz the unit is leaking and on it's way out. You can get away with just replacing the gear (if that's only it) but.... it won't last long. Replace the unit along with the dev in it. If you would have put your location in and we were close to you I would offer to come out and fix it.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Coptech, RRodgers, thanks for the advice.. I checked the gears in the black developer & everything is o.k. I am getting in new black developer & will try to make that work. It had a pm count of 133,000+. I hope this works. Again, thanks. By the way, my shop is out in Chicago. I just ventured into the digital world & if this were a press, I would have no problems fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by impimp329 View Post
    Coptech, I had a friend that knows the machine better than me & he said the developer is over its 100,000. It's density is around 88. When I ran the color register, I noticed lines on the belt for each color, except the black. Is there any way to increase the density of the black?. My tech is not anwering his phone & I have no other means. I called several (5 ) companies & all said that there would be a $300.00 to $400.00 to check over the entire machine.
    as clearly stated in the previous post describes a number of probable causes this failure.

As you mentioned having problems with her look a developer K, it has a preventive replacement period of 100K (100 000). is very common that when the developer deteriorates.. arise problems with the color density .

Can test and check the density of each color, check to be normal, if not, you can restore color density manually .. with the command "toner Refresh mode".

But.. the final solution will replace components that have exceeded their life span, as Developer, Drums, etc..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jma676 View Post
    as clearly stated in the previous post describes a number of probable causes this failure.

As you mentioned having problems with her look a developer K, it has a preventive replacement period of 100K (100 000). is very common that when the developer deteriorates.. arise problems with the color density .

Can test and check the density of each color, check to be normal, if not, you can restore color density manually .. with the command "toner Refresh mode".

But.. the final solution will replace components that have exceeded their life span, as Developer, Drums, etc..
    Just changed the black develper & still the same SC45-20. I checked all the gears & nothing. What else is there???

Maybe other color, as say before... Make test Pattern density of each color (C/M/Y/K) and check!!

But.. the final solution will replace All components that have exceeded their life span or in defective condition , as Developer, Drums, etc..

clearly stated in the previous post describes a number of probable causes this failure.

Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C500 (& 8050) Error SC-F4520

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: C45-20 occurs

Cause:
    Abnormal termination of color registration control.

Normal registration mark is not made on the transfer belt, The sensor can not read it because registration mark is not made correctly on the transfer belt.

Defective parts
    :(Transfer belt, Drum, Developer, Developing Unit,etc).

Defective color registration sensor.

Defective printer control board.

. Defective writing unit.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    OK. Trouble shoot the following:

1. Normal registration mark is not made on the transfer belt, The sensor can not read it because registration mark is not made correctly on the transfer belt.

Defective parts Transfer belt, Drum, Developer, Developing Unit,etc). ALL CHECK OUT OK

2. Defective color registration sensor. ALL CHECK OUT OK

3. Defective printer control board. GETTING CODE SC 89-01

4 . Defective writing unit.

Quote Originally Posted by impimp329 View Post
    OK. Trouble shoot the following:

1. Normal registration mark is not made on the transfer belt, The sensor can not read it because registration mark is not made correctly on the transfer belt.

Defective parts Transfer belt, Drum, Developer, Developing Unit,etc). ALL CHECK OUT OK

2. Defective color registration sensor. ALL CHECK OUT OK

3. Defective printer control board. GETTING CODE SC 89-01

4 . Defective writing unit.

While this has nothing to do with the color registration control.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Konica Minolta Bizhun Pro C500 Error SC89-01

This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N and mainbody S/N. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from E00001 to E00005 main body.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sure what you are doing, or ... this throwing hand to the crazy, contact a qualified technician if you're not, think about all that time saved by letting someone with the right knowledge can solve.
    With all due respect.