Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    now that the new registration unit is in disable the registration operation using bit sw 25, then go into service mode and run the color registration adjustment, if it still fails you may need to replace all the dv powder, you may not have enough in the dv units.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The guy that switched out the board was a certified factory trained konica tech. I would not go that far as I have no traininng. As of today, he said the system locked him out. He doesnt know what else to do. Can anyone help?. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by impimp329 View Post
    The guy that switched out the board was a certified factory trained konica tech. I would not go that far as I have no traininng. As of today, he said the system locked him out. He doesnt know what else to do. Can anyone help?. Please?
    Send me the tickets to travel.. where you are, maybe I can work personally for a better way. Now I'm in Argentina.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Konica Minolta Bizhun Pro C500 Error SC89-01

This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N and mainbody S/N. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from E00001 to E00005 main body.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    So, how do I clear this code. We now know the cause, how about a solution.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    If you fix the problem, the code will clear when you turn machine off and on again. This is if the code is still 45-20
    Last edited by Coptech; 10-20-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added error code clarification

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    if the replacement board was used, you will get the code. to eliminate it you will need to set some dip switches .(this will allow you to use used boards for troubleshooting,copies will have yellow grid on them) to actually fix the copier you will have to get a new replacement board for the one thats defective.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Uh...the tech does not know what to do and he is trained?

Is he working for KM? There honestly is zero excuse for not resolving this issue. Its hard to do online because there are many things that need to be observed directly first hand that a REAL service tech with actual experience would know to look for before throwing up their hands and declaring there is nothing more they can do...ask for a supervisor to come out and service the machine if the tech is too inept to figure this problem out.

In all honesty, due to the complexity of the problem, there is little that you can do yourself, aside from trying to do an automatic colour registration adjustment from the keyop screen. Refer to your user manual on the procedure.

Troubleshooting this beyond the registration sensors to verify if a colour is not printing, which involves swapping a print process component with one that is working to see if the problem remains or moves (swap the drum or charge wire or dev unit with another colour) is quite a bit beyond what I would expect an end user to deal with, nor would I recommend this.

Your service tech should have at least eliminated the units via this step.

The service code you quoted refers specifically to the sensor unit, or the printer control (PRCB). Swapping the sensor assembly did not correct the issue, and you have reason to believe there is no black toner transfer may eliminate the PRCB, but you should have that verified. If the swapping of the components with the another colour component on the machine shows there is no problem with those components when swapped, the PRCB is most likely at fault and should be replaced.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    Uh...the tech does not know what to do and he is trained?

Is he working for KM? There honestly is zero excuse for not resolving this issue. Its hard to do online because there are many things that need to be observed directly first hand that a REAL service tech with actual experience would know to look for before throwing up their hands and declaring there is nothing more they can do...ask for a supervisor to come out and service the machine if the tech is too inept to figure this problem out.

In all honesty, due to the complexity of the problem, there is little that you can do yourself, aside from trying to do an automatic colour registration adjustment from the keyop screen. Refer to your user manual on the procedure.

Troubleshooting this beyond the registration sensors to verify if a colour is not printing, which involves swapping a print process component with one that is working to see if the problem remains or moves (swap the drum or charge wire or dev unit with another colour) is quite a bit beyond what I would expect an end user to deal with, nor would I recommend this.

Your service tech should have at least eliminated the units via this step.

The service code you quoted refers specifically to the sensor unit, or the printer control (PRCB). Swapping the sensor assembly did not correct the issue, and you have reason to believe there is no black toner transfer may eliminate the PRCB, but you should have that verified. If the swapping of the components with the another colour component on the machine shows there is no problem with those components when swapped, the PRCB is most likely at fault and should be replaced.
    Stirton, thanks for the advice, along with everyone else. Here is the situation. I, have swapped all the components with my other 8050. I am not a tech by any means, my thing is offsett.As for the "tech" who swapped the board, he was trained with Konica, but no longer is working for them. He set off on his own. After he switched the board from my other machine he still ended with the SC 89-01 code, so he procedde to swap the boards back & when he turned the machine back on he said the machine locked him out.
    Mr. jma676 explains it this way:This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N and mainbody S/N. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from E00001 to E00005 main body. Even though the "tech" put the original board back with the serial number, he still got the SC89-01 code.
    At this point if anyone local to the Chicago area can help me I would even drive to your location & drop you off.
    Once again, thanks to all.
    Jma676 the tickets are on their way.HAHAH.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    if the replacement board was used, you will get the code. to eliminate it you will need to set some dip switches .(this will allow you to use used boards for troubleshooting,copies will have yellow grid on them) to actually fix the copier you will have to get a new replacement board for the one thats defective.
    Albonline, what is the procedure on setting the dip wsitches? So just by getting the SC89-01 code from both boards means that they are both bad????. Please "say it aint so"

worker drone 250+ Posts
    It is so. Both boards will need to be sent to Konica or an authorized board repair service to be reset. On every copy or print that comes out of that machine is a series of yellow dots that identifies the manufacture, model, and serial number. It is part of a counterfeiting prevention measure. The reason that they make you register the boards with machine serial numbers is so that someone doesn't try and swap boards to throw off that identification process. Konica offered a temp dip switch setting that would allow a person to swap boards only as a trial measure and all of the prints came out with bands to identify them as test only copies. Your tech should have known that.