Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Error code sc45-20 konica 8050 need help now.

I tried evrything to get rid of this code. Cleaned everything, sensors & nothing seems to help.. I tried to do a color register adjustment & got ERROR 2. Thanks in advance to all replies.

Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C500 (& 8050) Error SC-F4520

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Description: C45-20 occurs

Cause:Abnormal termination of color registration control.

1. Normal registration mark is not made on the transfer belt, The sensor can not read it because registration mark is not made correctly on the transfer belt.

Defective parts:(Transfer belt, Drum, Developer, Developing Unit,etc).

2. Defective color registration sensor.

Defective printer control board.

4. Defective writing unit.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or contact a Qualified Technician.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    Did the transfer belt walk one of it's guide belts up onto the roller? That will make it fail color registration and give the code you mentioned.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Did the transfer belt walk one of it's guide belts up onto the roller? That will make it fail color registration and give the code you mentioned.
    I don't think so. I have 2 8050s on my floor & I swapped the transfer belt & nothing changed. I have read about switching the color register mode off in 25 mode then doing a color register in 36 but I can't get past shutting off for color register. Can someone please post these steps?

worker drone 250+ Posts
    The color registraion unit will come out with 2 screws and 1 connector if you have the tranfer belt unit removed. If you are swapping between two machines, I would consider trying to swap that. Are you sure that one of the shutters isn't sticking and staying shut or sticking open to where the sensor gets dirty front or rear?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    The color registraion unit will come out with 2 screws and 1 connector if you have the tranfer belt unit removed. If you are swapping between two machines, I would consider trying to swap that. Are you sure that one of the shutters isn't sticking and staying shut or sticking open to where the sensor gets dirty front or rear?
    Coptech, thanks for the fast reply. I checked the shutters on the color registration unit & everything seems to be fine. Nothing is getting stuck. I will try to swap the units.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Changed the color register units & got SC45-07. What now?????????? ANYBODY?????????????
    Last edited by impimp329; 10-11-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typo

worker drone 250+ Posts
    Do all colors print? Are dev gears stripped on any color?

This is what you mentioned earlier I believe.

Perform the color correction calibration of the sensors PS8 and PS9. To calibrate the sensors, perform the following:
    a. Disable Color Registration Correction Control in the 25 mode, software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 1 (ON) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF).
    b. Run [Auto Color Registration Adjustment] in the 36 mode.
    c. Enable Color Registration Control (software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 0 (OFF) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF)).
    d. Perform Auto Color Registration adjustment.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I am not too clear on getting into the dipswitch to change the settings. I managed to get into the software settings but what do I set the first row, second row, etc

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Looked at the field man. & got into dipswitch 25 bits 3 to 1 on & 4 to 0 off
    Ran the color register & came up ERROR2
    VIEWD LIST & everything (yellow, magenta, cyan) all set to +312.5