Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    marcolino

Difference in screening between KM7000 and Xerox DC7002

Hi to all,
    i would like to understand the difference in screening between the KM 8 bit 1200x1200 and the Xerox 1 bit 2400 x 2400.
    In both case i've seen a good image quality, but i cannot understand the differences in the screen building.
    Who can help me?
    Thank to all in advance

"Resolution 2400 x 2400 dpi x 1 bit"

Basically this is a tips of Manufacturers to name the maximum capacity of a device, "Resolution 2400 x 2400 dpi x 1 bit" is a very crude denomination, as an image with a color depth of 1 bit (monochrome) only contains two colors, or rather only two levels of gradation, this is a very poor image, please note that any Monochrome printer has a standard 8-bit = 256 levels of gradation.

"1 bit" Imagine that this is the limit color depth of this team, can only be used to print logos, images or text in two levels of gradation, very limited.

On the other hand, the resolution in Dots per inch (DPI), it speaks to the amount of Dots that the device can be placed on a square inch.

as well... Xerox and other manufacturers such as inkjet printers are turning to this type of description to the time to present their products. this is not an entirely real.

Real 1200x1200 DPI / 8Bit depth. is very good. as Bizhub Press C6000/C7000/C8000

regarding the Screening, is based on the way printers can conbined these Dots capabilities , laser printers are three basic types of screening Lines / Dot / Contone or continuous tone.
    Ex : (Line Screen > LPI > Line per Inch) Line Frequency.

Two Examples: 1bit and 8bit image
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jma676; 10-13-2010 at 03:43 PM.

marcolino
    Thank you JMA676 for your answer.
    So, the 2400 dpi from Xerox are not real 2400 dpi? They are simply 1200 dpi with an interpolation algorithm (or other stuff like this)?
    In order to the screening type: i know that Xerox can use different kind of screening type such as stochastic screening and different LPI, exactly like in a traditional imagesetter. With KM7000 there are a limited numeber of screening type and no way to modify it (in the lines number or in the point shape): Is this due to the 8 bit screening?

Well I clarify, 2400Px2400P / 1200Px1200P is not the correct way to define the resolution.

The correct is 2400 DPI / 1200DPI / 600 DPI / 300 DPI, etc. This unit determines a measure squared. Indicates how many dots are printed on a square inch.

otherwise 2400Px2400P / 1200PX1200P gives a measure of size, ... according to the resolution (DPI) gives a particular dimension.

EX 1 : image of 1200x1200 at 72 DPI gives a size 16.644 x 16.644 inches.
    Dots 1440000

EX 2 : image of, 1200x1200 at 300 DPI gives a 4 x 4 Inches.
    Dots 1440000

clear ... is the minimum Dots measure that determines the final resolution.

Separate case, regarding whether the Bizhub Press C6000/C7000 can customize the frequency and form of Dots for the halftone screen, and the other models as ... Bizhub Pro C500/C6500/C6501. can also do it .. NEED TO install the Graphic Arts Package.

and as you asked, it is likely that Xerox reaches 2400 DPI or jaa! jaa! (2400x2400) but sacrifices all the depth of color, this shows clearly that there are limits on the ability of Image Processing.
    2400 DPI 1bit >maybe> Real 300 DPI 8Bit

***Let It Bit****

Megaman_retro_3D_by_cezkid.gif

.................................................. .................................................. ..........
    ..............................................................................................................
    ..............................................................................................................
    ........................................................................................................... ...
    .................................................. .................................................. ..........

Quote Originally Posted by marcolino View Post
    Hi to all,
    i would like to understand the difference in screening between the KM 8 bit 1200x1200 and the Xerox 1 bit 2400 x 2400.
    In both case i've seen a good image quality, but i cannot understand the differences in the screen building.
    Who can help me?
    Thank to all in advance

and something like this