Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The temperature at all sites was no more than 70 degrees F. 3 machines were in clean air conditioned rooms. I had to replace another drum today with exactly the same problem. hope we are not seeing a problem similar to the blade flip problem we had a couple of years ago...

On this subject ....I'm saying nothing
    Laughing......

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Usually this problem is primarily due to humidity, or in the past, poor cleaning blade contact.

Cleaning with a dry cloth is usually enough to fix the problem. I generally prefer to use methanol as it cuts through the toner a little easier. Just be sure to wipe the drum dry after before you retalc. Sometimes drum shock may be present, but this disappears fairly quickly.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts buster68's Avatar
    We are having the same problem here. On all our 6500s, no matter the environment, temperature or humidity. We ordered some drums from Katun and have had excellent results. I think KonicaMinolta has changed the cleaningblade rubber for the 102C drums that causes this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by buster68 View Post
    We are having the same problem here. On all our 6500s, no matter the environment, temperature or humidity. We ordered some drums from Katun and have had excellent results. I think KonicaMinolta has changed the cleaningblade rubber for the 102C drums that causes this problem.

Drums Drums Drums, The Curious Case, Katun has no Drums Formulated for Bizhub Pro C6500, Only for Bizhub Pro C500, these products have good performance, but will never be better than the OEM DU-102.

Katun only offers Rebuild Kit, and the framerate will depend on the state of other components, such as lubricant for cleaning roller Brush.

Maybe you been able to adapt these to the Bizhub Pro C6500, because it has a wide range of stabilization Control , but I don`t believe that it is functioning properly.
    DU-101 is not compatible with the D-102.

In addition, If what you say is true... Katun should announce it such as compatible with both DU Types, But.. they are not.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Becoming a joke now another 3 black drums on 3 seperate C6500 machines today with black spots all over them, tried cleaning as Stirton M suggested, ok at first, but spots were back after several hundred prints, had to resort to changing the drum to cure problem...

Quote Originally Posted by seniortech View Post
    Becoming a joke now another 3 black drums on 3 seperate C6500 machines today with black spots all over them, tried cleaning as Stirton M suggested, ok at first, but spots were back after several hundred prints, had to resort to changing the drum to cure problem...

Maybe you have another problem and not the Drums Unit, if you refer a.. One black dot on the surface of the drum.. that yields a white point on the print image according to where it is located.

If the case is many black dots on the image, maybe your problem is the toner or developer.

With a sample image would be easier.

maily
    Try to change the paper gms on the setting,if missing you need to replace the developer due to overlife span ,co's u reset the counter.

mapracing
    We have an account with a C6501 that is having the same black mark issue on the drums. We have replaced the Drums several times, Developing units, Developer and corona assemblies. This looks like the same problem with the bad drum lot from awhile ago. If anybody comes up with a solution please let us know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    Wonder what would happen if you swapped one of the color drums for one of the black? Would the spots stay with the drum or would new spots develop on the black drum?