Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The units that you've bought from the US have US chips in them, you are using (most likely) Europe coded chips: just buy a set of european chips and replace the ones on your units.
    In the mean time, go to the service mode, once there press 'stop' 9 and set IU life 'not stop'.
    Hope it helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar
    I am going to put in my 2 cents. I am not as good as some of the guys here but i will say this. You say that you have replaced 3 units..you show three pictures but all of the same unit. Each imaging unit has its own chip and must match exactly. You can not use a magenta IU for all three colors and expect it to work. Likewise if you had the old IU's laying around and just randomly installed any chip on each IU you again will have a problem. These chips are all coded and very specific fimware written as what machine it goes to and what position in that machine that it sits.
    Derrick

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Unfortunately, I don't believe that altering the "IU Life Stop" setting will help you here. As far as I know, this change must be made before the "replace imaging unit" message appears. After the "replace" message is on screen, your only hope is to swap chips or IU's. I'm fairly certain that I have seen AUS companies advertising chip resetting on these boards...it might be worth posting under For Sale/Trade/Wanted.

907 you are correct and incorrect at the same time."IU life Stop" will not help here ..because that is not the error. It is saying please install image units correctly...If it said replace image units then the "IU life stop" would 100% help him as that message is due to the chips running out and if you tell the machine to ignore the chip it will run until a problem or error occurs..again i think you may have installed the wrong units in the wrong slot..or possibly a US chip problem as some have suggested and also maybe you incorrectly replaced the old ones after the fact.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub c350 New Imaging Units error "Please install correct imaging units correctly"

To the best of my knowledge the IU's are exactly the same and are marketed with 3 specific marketing codes on the chips North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim which includes Australia. Some say there are only 2 marketing areas 120V and 220V but I have heard of 3 for some models. You are not the first to order from ebay or elsewhere on the net and get an incompatible IU.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

That may be true and in fact brings up anpother question me and a few other techs were trying to figure out. IS THERE any developer availble for purchase that is compatible with the C350? I have a machine in the shop right now and a few units low and would not mind adding some developer just to use that one in the shop on rare occasion.
    Derrick

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    You are absolutely right Mailderrick, I was confusing two separate problems in my post. If I were thinking more clearly, I would have explained my thoughts a little better:

The older chips, which give the "replace IU" message, can be transferred to the new IU's. Although the life counters won't reset, you will have the benefit of a fresh IU. Problem is...this configuration (expired chip/new iu) will only work if the "no-stop" condition is enabled.

Apologies if I confused or misinformed with the fist post.

pspice2001
    Quote Originally Posted by gaznev2000 View Post
    Hi all I have installed 3 new imaging units in out photocopier but have the following error come up and cant explain why. The imagining unit are the exact same model as the previous ones i followd the provided install instructon to the T, Can anyone help?

My thoughts are
    1) As I purchased the units from the US and I am in Australia there may be a regionl lock on the units
    or
    2) i have only changed c,y,m and not black The copier mad require all units to be excahed at once.

Please help I have just spent over $1000 on these and really don't want to tell my boss i have wasted his money
    I have read the posts and these guys may be right but I had the same problem with a c250 and found that even though the IU's looked identical the chips are different so make sure it is for a c350 and not a c250 as they will not interchange good luck