Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dagoof View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I should mention that last time we'd tried to fix this (almost a year ago) he'd had to replace the corona wires, and on starting up again this time round one of them had blown again. He said he'd be concerned if this happened again (that it could point to an HV problem) but luckily it didn't. Said it could just be down to the fact it's been sitting in a cold garage for 18 months.

Stirton - can you replace the sensor assembly separately, or just the whole registration unit?

Coptech & Seeb - thanks, I'll try both and see where it gets me.

Horse - it's giving the registration read-offs so I'm assuming so (and would've thought the tech would've been aware if that was an issue) but I don't actually know myself.

If it came to it I'd be prepared to find someone to do soldering if I could get an ICP. I'll be a broken man if it comes down to the PRCB - I convinced my dad we should buy this machine and it's cost several thousands already and so far it's scrap
    Yes start checking the front and rear color registration sensors. Maybe there is loose connection. Remove the PCRB and check it carefully. Maybe there is cold solder or problem with the connectors. Hope the trouble is minor. Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thumbs up sc45-20 code issues

now having a qty of 8 bizhub pro c500 copiers at one location with some of them being the ikon version, i have seen my share of sc45-20 codes. this code always has to do the copy quality during color registration that these copiers will do all the time. the following parts all contribute to the sc45-20 code. bad/worn developers, transfer belt, drums, charge wires and grid, ts rollers, ts cleaning unit assy. anything that causes copy quality issue with test patch development on the transfer belt, when ps 8 and 9 can read them
    you will get the service code.
    also, if ps 8 and 9 are dirty, shutter plates not moving, spring fell off shutter plate. everytime other techs changes sensor assy, it is not the problem. just clean and inspect them and focus on copy quality of test patch/image development. (no scratchy image)
    stick to Konica and change the drums, developers and pm kits and the copier will run well with very little problems.

Still learning... 100+ Posts
    Help with C500 SC45-20 Error (PS8 & 9)

Thanks Steve, we've kind of ruled out any of the components being bad - the tech was convinced it was PS8 & 9 (and therefore the reg. unit). I'm working 7 days a week atm so am struggling to find time to solve this but going to try cleaning the sensors again tomorrow.

I'm still getting the 'error 2' when trying an auto adjust - manual suggests this is 'too much difference in registration'. Someone else told me it could be that the waste toner door's open (?) - we initially had a problem with the unit recognising the waste toner bottle (or the door - can't remember) but the 1st tech I had round by-passed this. It could be that the 2nd tech reset it so was just wondering how I could eliminate (or re-disable) this?
    Last edited by dagoof; 11-06-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Still learning... 100+ Posts
    Help with C500 SC45-20 Error (PS8 & 9)

Also, trying to do a manual adjust, when put the test sheet on the glass and hit 'scan' on the touch screen nothing appears to happen - could anyone help with that?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    What I'm going to ask is not related to the same question but since this post got so many reply maybe one of you can help me.
    I have the same machine C500 but I have problem with fusing. If the page has full colour and dens it dosen't fuse it or mostly it get jam at the fuser so I registerd 20lb. paper as NORMAL 5 which is ok and no jam so far. But if I print on 80lb. glassy paper some spot or one side usually dosen't fuse. I tried all kind of paper registration COATED and NORMAL but still dosen't work. I did fixing adjustment with Cyan density set up 88 but I don't have the chart to compare and I'm not % 100 sure if I did it right. My fixing roller are new. Any idea or suggestion? By the way I did changed the fixing roller but not the ball bearing. Is that can cause the problem? Thanks.