Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jarrett

Scan to SMB or FTP on KM C6500

I am having no luck at all trying to get a Konica Minolta C6500 with an Internal Fiery to Scan to a fileserver running Windows Server 2003. I've tried SMB and FTP with no luck. FTP from the command prompt is working just fine so I don't understand why the C6500 can't seem to drop a scanned file onto it. I know there's just a little detail, probably a slash in the wrong direction or something silly like that, that I am missing and its screwing up the whole thing. Can anyone give me a detailed walk through for either process so I can track down what I've got wrong?

Thanks!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    See if these attachments help -
    Attached Files Attached Files

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    along with the previous pdf links, it is suggested that you add the fiery as a user on the server. It is possible, and likely, that the server is blocking the SMB attempts because of that.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

jarrett
    Thanks for the help. I have found the problem but I can't find any info on how to fix it. The "Scan to Windows SMB" somehow got set to "No" when I know that it used to be on, I am thinking maybe when I upgraded to the new version of Command Workstation it changed something? Anyway the problem is that when I try to check the box next to "Enable Scan to SMB" and hit Apply, I get the message "Error in the Harmony Layer" and it won't let me apply the setting. I was thinking maybe a problem with the firmware? What do you think?

Perhaps reflashing the firmware to the mainbody may help some. Command Workstation on its own should not affect the share settings on the copier or the fiery settings. CWS is merely a portal interface for the fiery controller. It should also not affect the local computer's shared resources either.

Through CWS, you can edit the fiery configuration settings. Or you can open up IE and enter the IP address of the fiery, and you should see the blue image link to the fiery...clicking that will get you into the web interface configuration, very similar to the one accessible through CWS. Either approach should allow you to edit the SMB setting and save those and do a reboot after you are done.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

jarrett
    Hi Stirton.M
    I tried going through IE to Webtools and then the Config Utility and this is where I am having the problem. I go to Network - Services and when I click on Scan I get an error message that says "EnableScanToEmail, EnableScanToInternetFAX, EnableScanToWindowsDirectory, EnableScanToFTP, ClearEachScanJob, DefaultFileFormat are not available." From there all I can do is click OK. The Scan screen comes up with "Enable Scan" checked but everything else is blank. It lets me put a check next to "Windows SMB" Scan Destination but when I click "Apply" I get the message "Error in the Harmony layer." Again, all I can do is click OK and it takes me back to the Scan screen with the check removed from Windows SMB. Very strange... Do you think flashing the firmware has any chance of helping?
    Thanks again

try accessing this from Command Workstation then...similar is scope, but using that program as the portal.

It is also quite possible that the fiery requires patches to be installed. You can do this by remote desktop. The login name is "Administrator" no quotes, and password is "Fiery.1" no quotes. Note that the first letters are capitalized.

When at the desktop of the fiery, you can access the update program through the fiery tools sub menu on the start menu. It should be self explanatory. Click the updtate now button, a new window will appear to show you a list (takes a moment for it to populate) for any patches that have not been applied.

Ensure that the fiery is properly configured to access the internet via DNS entries, otherwise the update will not function and it will fail, in that you will not see any updates in the list.
    ---Groucho Marx

jarrett
    Well, going in through the Command Workstation yields the same errors, even after updating a couple of patches and rebooting. None of the patches listed anything about scanning but at least I am completely updated. Any other ideas? and again, thanks so much for your help

Hmmmm....out of curiosity, had you tried doing the edit from another computer? I am wondering if perhaps there is an issue with Java on the computer you are having trouble with.

Also, if at all possible, can you scan the fiery configuration pages and post them here. White out any identifiable lines like names and smtp address and such for security reasons, but I would like to see first hand what the configuration of the fiery is currently...it might reveal a clue why you are having trouble...

If the problem is seen on a second computer, then I am at a loss as to any easy fix that may, or may not, correct the problem.

Typically I would simply print out the configuration page and perform a factory restore command through CWS...basically it wipes the system clean on the fiery itself and puts you back to when the system was first installed, no configuration, print queus cleared and so on. Bit like doing a restore on a Dell or HP Oem setup. Once it is up and running, you can re-program the network settings and carry one from there. You will have to reapply the patches again, and of course, the default password will be set, so if you need to edit the configuration, it is identical to the windows login password I gave you above. That can of course be changed in the configuration area.
    ---Groucho Marx

Technician
    Scan to SMB or FTP on KM C6500

SOLUTION: To enable E-Mail, perform the following:
    1. Select Utility\Counter.
    2. Select Machine Admin. Setting.
    3. Select System Setting.
    4. Select Operation Prohibit Set.
    5. Select Scanner Prohibit Setting.
    6. Select Permission next to the E-Mail tab.
    7. Exit the Administrator mode.