Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar

Talking

Ok guys thanks for all your help!
    Went to the c451 today and found when the machine is on the network, you can ping it however the reply came from another IP address! the Ip address was from an fiery that was no long being used... customer did not like using it . Well I lined up 50ish one page job in the print que whilst the machine was off, turn on the machine and tried to see what changes when the machine stops printing. Turns out as soon as the fiery connects with the machine (appears in the utilities screen), then the printer drops off the network. so;
    Enter service mode
    Touch “system 2”
    Touch “image controller settings”
    Set to “controller 0”
    Turn machine off
    Disconnect Fiery power cable, cat5 network cable and black interface cable
    Turn machine back on!

And tested for over an hour with out fault! I then rang the guys dealing with the C550 and was told they used!!! to use a fiery but had stop. We are sending someone in tomorrow morning to repeat what I did today, and will let you know if it is the same problem. Not sure why the working c451 behind the one I just worked on was in the same situation with the fiery and not having this problem.

Thanks again for your help

ps: I should had tried this earlier.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I may just be the fiery is not talking to the printer correctly. On the printer it should have an address that starts with 172....
    This will allow the fiery to "forward" the next higher ip address to the machine (i.e. fiery 192.168.1.10 then 192.168.1.11 is assigned to the machine and forwarded to the machine bypassing fiery intervention).
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Fiery will pull Two IP address one for the fiery and one for the copier, If you have the regular print controller pluged in direct you need to add 2 ip address up from whatever the fiery has. Its a Konica thing!