Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar

C451/C550 Dropping off network

I have a Bizhub C451 and a fellow colleague Bizhub C550 both dropping of the network, Both on different customers. Once droped off the network the customer has to turn the machine off and back on again to get it to print. We have tried;
    upgrading to latest levels of firmware,
    • Deleting all print drivers and reinstalling
    • changing the ports (IP),
    • changing all network cables,
    • swapped mfp board with working machine. (as the network interface in in the mfp)
    • We have changed various settings (more then I can remember to list)

Nothing has worked and the customers are very upset as this has been an ongoing problem. The printer will only last 5 mins after being turned on. we have another C451 next to this printer which works fine. Both have same network settings (other then IP address) so both should work on the same system. Any ideas of thing to try that I have not listed are very welcome.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I believe that there is a "special" firmware patch that fixed this issue. Also check the power save and power off settings. Also if you can swap machines and see if it moves or stays with the machine. If it moves to the other machine it is a network issue.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

You may have a bad port on their network switch , plug it into a another port

Change the network speed from auto to 10/100. That usually fixes it! Let us know what you find as a resolution.

Technician
    Yes, as Mr spock said there is a special firmware that you can use to reset the Nvram and Nic separately, so you can reset all nic parameters, I did it 2 weeks ago in a Develop 451+ that had the same problem that you coment and the machine works fine until that, you can probe also if your client doesnīt use the mail options to not introduce the dns, ldap, gateway,etc only the ip adress and mask, I did it in a Develop Ineo + 203 and the client didnīt call me anymore for this reason, sorry because I have a poor english level I wish that you can understand me.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    @ Mr Spock / suso73os; Special firmware and R6 does not change a thing + fault stays with machine. will have to inquire weather our IT guy has changed settings for dns as you said. but as i said both machines have same parameters.
    @ bsm2; tried several time as well as changing network cables (for new ones) and changing IPs etc...
    @ Johnny_B500; network speed does not change anything either

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    As Mr Spock mentioned, disable sleep mode in administrator. This is one bug, but it has to do with the machine failing to rise out of sleep mode and sometimes also is related to the issue you are having.

Problem quite likely could be power related. These machines are power hogs. They are also sensitive to power fluctuations. Ensure that the machine has its own dedicated plug and that NO OTHER MACHINE, even a shredder or pencil sharpener, shares that outlet. Also ensure that you have a power conditioner for the machine, a must have. This device will ensure even and clean power to the machine, which is a major contributor to problems with pretty much the entire line of bizhubs, your problem amongst them.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Swap the NVRAM from the working machine and see what happens. You will get a licence error warning but that's no problem. Do nothing, only check if you have the same symptoms. Or you can try the NVRAM tool to reset the NIC and try again.

Technician
    I resolve the same problem with the nic reset tool firmware, Itīs a pity that it donīt work for you, but if the problem persist the problem may be the motherboard.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Oddly enough, just had the same thing this morning. The IT at the customer did a search and found the following...

Homegroup printer offline, requiring restart of print spooler

Long story short, disable SNMP if you are experiencing this problem, at least according to the guys on that link.

The drawback to doing this however, is that you will lose two way communication with the device regarding consumables and paper levels. This may be find for some, but not all. Use only if there is a problem.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.