Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub 250 with "Setting Error"

Thank you all for your input. The tech sent the boards over to me for testing. Had two damaged parts: the nvram and the little 8-pin chip on the PWB-A. The former is easy to get, but I'm having trouble with the nvram, since it doesn't have a pn and I need to send it away to KMBS. Before resorting to that, is there anything I can try?

Total clear doesn't work because the error appears before the KM logo on the screen. I was thinking of shorting the battery in order to force a reset - it can't get worse than what it already is, right?

Any other hints?

Cheers!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The little 8 pin chip simply tells the machine what model it is 200/250/350 I have never seen one fail occasionally they pop an error relating to that chip but it is usually reset by re-powering. As for shorting the NVRAM never a good idea in my opinion. Remove all options finisher, adf, fax (don't forget to unplug the fax battery) , HDD and disconnect the HDD power supply board in the bottom. Power it up with the right door open and see if you can get into service mode, if not try the soft reset, If you do get into service mode then do the Total Clear.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    The little 8 pin chip simply tells the machine what model it is 200/250/350
    Well, that explains why it gave an error on my test 350, but if my colleague tested it on a 250 as he told me, then it gave also an error. I'll double-check with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    I have never seen one fail occasionally they pop an error relating to that chip but it is usually reset by re-powering. As for shorting the NVRAM never a good idea in my opinion. Remove all options finisher, adf, fax (don't forget to unplug the fax battery) , HDD and disconnect the HDD power supply board in the bottom. Power it up with the right door open and see if you can get into service mode, if not try the soft reset, If you do get into service mode then do the Total Clear.
    No options except for the RADF - I'll try to disconnect it also. As for the reset, is not an option - the error pops up before we can enter service mode.

Thanks for the input.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!