Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizhub Pro C500

augustus

Bizhub Pro C500

i have this Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C500. the problem that i have is that i cannot select the "Print" or "Scan" button, it seems to always be on "Copy".

neon
    Does any controller connected the copyer?

albasoul06
    Software dipswitch 10-0 should be set to 0 regardless of it being a copier or printer

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub Pro C500

Quote Originally Posted by albasoul06 View Post
    Software dipswitch 10-0 should be set to 0 regardless of it being a copier or printer
    Although that's probably true, I can't see how that helps Augustus.

Augustus: If your machine doesn't have a controller (usually Fiery, I don't know if there's any other), you've got a copier only.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by augustus View Post
    i have this Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C500. the problem that i have is that i cannot select the "Print" or "Scan" button, it seems to always be on "Copy".
    You must have one of these :IC-302 External or IC-405 Internal Image Controllers
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"

Bikerbob
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnyjay View Post
    You must have one of these :IC-302 External or IC-405 Internal Image Controllers

I will tag this in this thread,

Of the above - the 302 or the 405 .. from what I have read there is alot of the graphics software that the 405 cannot run.. is this correct?

I have an opportunity to get one of these machines on a month to month lease so that we can dip our toes into our own colour work, but the only point to that would be to learn about production coping and use of the Fiery, if the 405 which is what this machine has in it is a gelded version of the 302 then I am not sure I see the point of getting it.

Any comments?

James

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Either controller is fine. There are several patches to deal with several print issues specific to a few types of graphics program files. In general, you do not load these machines with graphics programs...that is, they are print servers, nothing more.

Not to dis the product, but you would be far better off getting into a newer machine, like the C5500/C6500, or newer, C5501/C6501....or the current Press C6000/C7000 series, or if your budget can handle it, the Press C8000. The C500 series is, to put it bluntly, pretty much an obsolete engine series and frankly, not what I would call a wise purchase, given the options today. Buying used is highly ill-advised from a personal point of view. These machines do not travel well, due to the weight.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Bikerbob
    thanks for the reply.. Knowing I can use the embedded controller is a big help!!

Yes I have been getting this advice from many.

first - its not a purchase but a month to month lease.

second - its crazy little money to get something on my floor that SHOULD handle most of what I am doing now digital and give me a chance as I will be the operator for now, to learn how to use the RIP on something that does not have a crazy monthly cost over our heads.

third - this was a suggestion from our service provider - they got this back and its sitting there.. they know we are shopping, but that in our business situation we are shy to pull the trigger on a big machine because we lack the confidence moving our business away from litho. They also know that KM is not our first thought in colour, and this is a branch to say.. get your feet wet, let us help you, dont worry about issues its covered (lease & service contract)
    Our click charge is nothing to write home about, but we have no commitment, so you get what you pay for right?

Maybe by this time next year, I will have my C6000/7 on floor - thats what my service company is hoping

James

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub Pro C500

Just one advise: If you get disappointed with the machine's results, keep in mind that all the models after that one are much better - so don't judge the forest for the tree.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Bikerbob
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Just one advise: If you get disappointed with the machine's results, keep in mind that all the models after that one are much better - so don't judge the forest for the tree.
    Yep I totally hear ya, and that is the double edged sword of this deal - is it cheap and easy to get into YES - we would do test runs of our current work to make sure it can handle to 3-4 re-occuring jobs we do digital - if it can't even handle that; then there is no point.

But if it can... and I get a chance to learn - again, whats good, what lacks, what I REALLY think we need over this and what is out there..

At the moment I am the dangerous one in the company - I know enough about all of this to be dangerous, but not enough to REALLY make an informed decision on the best machine, and salespeople are not objective.

If I can get this in, do the work we have, (which more than covers the costs) then I can show through example not only what this specific engine CANT do.. but what the software CAN do.. and how we can profit so much more by moving more and more litho over to digital.

BTW - techs would know - is there a colour digital that does envelopes yet?

James