Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Anybody seen this on a Bizhub 600

I dunno if you're trying to feed from the RADF nor if that also happens with internal prints, but here's something I found on the 7165 troubleshooting that is remarkably close to your description:

DESCRIPTION: DF316, when copying 11x17 or 8.5x14 originals from the RADF, a misfeed occurs and 2 sheets exit (1 copy and 1 blank copy).

CAUSE: Overhead lighting is interfering with the original length detection performed by original length sensors (PS309) and (PS310).

SOLUTION: If, the machine cannot be moved to another location, order a sensor filter kit (p/n U193-0030) and install the original sensor filters above (PS309) and (PS310), which will block light frequencies that cause the sensors to react incorrectly. Attach the filter sheets above the sensors by using transparent tape. Since the sensors are located in a recessed area of the RADF feed tray, the tape and filter will not interfere with feeding of originals.
    Note: A quantity of two (2) filter sheets is included with each sensor filter kit.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Thanks for all of the input. As I stated earlier it is another techs call and he was not able to go back to it today. He did add that he tried all sizes of paper with the same results, only difference is the 8and a half stops in the turnover and the longer paper stops in the fuser. I mentioned the length sensors and he has had that issue before and has eliminated it as a possibility. It seems he noticed cola stains on the back before leaving the call and that is what led the district service rep to think it was the power supply.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

To update, the tech flashed it with new firmware and it worked ..... for about 20 pages, then went back to doing the same thing.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'm still sticking with the loop or the reg sensors, but a sticking reg clutch would do it too! So would the ADUBD as was mentioned before. You haven't mentioned the jam code yet? J1701 thru J1704 deal with loop and reg sensor.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    seen this just last week, turned out to be the priner contol board

Had a 600 doing close to the same thing but only out of the bt 2 trays. Ending up being clutch that drives the vert rollers. Tech support said it was the power supply.

I did not get an update today as I got stuck on a critical c550. We were discussing it and thought if the second sheet does not stop at the reg sensor, it would through everything off. If doing 1 sheet, it does not pause at the reg.

Thanks to all who responded. The problem was the reg clutch. No image on the second sheet due to timing being off.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Nice to know. Thanks for the feedback!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    I've had similar issues before with an arcing transfer separation unit.

if so much as 1 hair on those silly "hairy" automatic corona cleaning pads is touching the wire in the home position you get problems such as this but usually a error code will follow..