Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer View Post
    Are you using the same driver for the 601 on local machines and the server? As I recall the different versions of the 601 driver function very differently.
    I can't be sure as some were installed initially for testing. I'll completely remove the drivers as described by TheOwl and see how that goes.

Many thanks.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Completely removing drivers:

1. Print a test page from the driver
    2. Delete driver from print manager
    3. File - Server Properties - Drivers - Remove unused drivers (restart the print spooler if windows says it is still in use)
    4. c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86 and delete the Konica Minolta folder for the 601/751
    5. Do a search on the computer for the files listed on the test page and manually delete them

On step 4, if you have a 64Bit system you will need to go to the w64 folder instead of the w32x86 unless you have both 32 and 64Bit drivers loaded on that one system.
    Does this apply to the server as there is no Konica Minolta folder on the client and no files either as per step five (these all show up on the server but I was reluctant to remove them as that would affect all users)?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 601 - Print from Word fails at first attempt.

If all users are effected by this issue, then yeah, I would be doing this on the server. This also gives you the chance to upgrade your drivers with the latest version as though you are installing the driver for the first time.

Sometimes when installing the latest driver, Windows will look at the files that were previously installed and compare them with the new files. Any files that are the same name maybe skipped as Windows says "I already have that file and everything looks the same" even though the files could be different within.

If you have ever installed the latest driver and then looked at the driver version only to find that it is the same as the old driver, then this is what has happened.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Have you tried completely removing the driver (see below for details)?
    Replacing the driver as advised has worked. Users can now print first time from Word, every time.

Many thanks to TheOwl and to all for replying.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 601 - Print from Word fails at first attempt.

Glad to hear that you got everything working again and thanks for posting back to say that the fix worked :-)
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.