Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kopykatky

Angry windows 7 drivers

I have a C6500 in a print shop he updated his computer to windows 7 64bit and i cannot find a driver for it and Konica said there is not one for it yet dose anyone have a work around

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    windows 7 drivers

Try the vista 64 bit or xp 64 bit one if there is one.. win 7 can be pretty flexible in that regard, which rip does it have?

Regards!
    A.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts dogsbody's Avatar
    Most of my production colour customers don't use the print driver, they import straight into Command Workstation and set the job up there. That will work for PDF and PS files but any unsupported file, like word or excell will not be processed. These may have to be printed to PDF first, then imported into CWS. CWS5 supports drag and drop so you can just drop it into the print queue, right click for properties and then print.

Not the most elegant of solutions but will work.

Cheers.

Just had a look on the KM site there is a Vista 64 bit driver for version 1.1a of both IC408 and IC303, that should work.
    Last edited by dogsbody; 11-10-2010 at 01:49 AM. Reason: more info
    The force will be with you always.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    windows 7 drivers

Yep, for me, as a rule of thumb, I always assume Vista drivers will work on 7.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    The controller has to be up to date on its version then run the 64 vista driver. Just updated an ic-408 to version 2.0 and used the vista 64 (1.1a ps) driver and it worked like a charm. Updating the ic408 was a pain (took three tries to get the software loaded with 45 minute reboot each time to see it it took). But I had an issue with the 64 bit pcl driver not working at all.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

In the windows 7

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    windows 7 drivers

Quote Originally Posted by danieltron View Post
    In the windows 7
    Yes
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    If it is the IC-408 v.1.1 system...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase

IC-303 and IC-305 v1.1

Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: IC-305

According to the last link, the file is fully compatible, in spite of the vista moniker. I have Win7 x64 on my laptop and use both drivers (both embedded and pro fiery) without issue.

If I recall, updating the fiery system code, the updated driver package is one of the updates, along with the user software cd that goes with the installer package. I have drivers installed on the laptop to cover system code 2 and 3 on the IC-303.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Updating the ic408 was a pain (took three tries to get the software loaded with 45 minute reboot each time to see it it took). But I had an issue with the 64 bit pcl driver not working at all.
    I know what you mean about this routine...it is almost an art to get this to work without problems. I finally said the hell with that routine, set up all my fiery controllers, different versions of system codes (some customers don't want the latest)...and then imaged all those drives using Acronis. Takes roughly 15 minutes to push an image onto a drive using a USB universal drive adaptor (this one can do IDE PATA and SATA laptop and desktop drives)...and the nice thing with that setup, I don't even need to remove the drive from the device, just open the cover, disconnect the drive and plug in my adaptor and I am good to go. No futsing around for a couple hours doing setup. All the images are fully patched (a couple updates need be done, but nothing like a fresh install)...as I said, 15 minutes....takes a 2-3 hour job and compresses it inside of a half hour.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    If I had the room on my laptop I would do that. They gave me a laptop (dell) with a 120g drive and with 30 gigs of manuals and 30 gigs of firmware does not leave any room for images of fiery hard drives..... I also have a 30 gig vm win 7 on here for when I need to play with windows 7.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!