Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I`ve got lots of colour machines that only do black and white and as Stirton says the image unit life will count up as the machine stabilizes regardless of the print count, bearing in mind that if the machine is subject to temperature changes it will stabilize more frequently. However if your not fussed about colour quality then I would do what he has suggested ie: set the iu life to no stop and ignore any warning messages about replacing the image units. All mine are set that way and my customers understand that its nothing to panic about.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
    I had trouble getting this image to upload and could not type in the same post.

But my memory is not at good as I thought, as you can see it's 226 color copies.

The machine was under a service contract until the lease was up. Another office leased a new unit and decided to give it to us to use. We have a center for the handicapped. The state does not give us a fortune so a penny saved is a penny earned. The last KM rep that came charged us almost $200.00 to reset the machine, he said it was reporting under heating or something. And a general reset fixed it.

I do appreciate any help I get on here but maybe this unit is out of our league and expenditure.

I also found it hard to fathom that as we never use the color part that it stops the machine from operating.
    As previously stated, even the colour units rotate, regardless if you use them or not. It is afterall, a colour machine. Not a monochrome.

It may be worth your while to perhaps sell this unit and use the proceeds to purchase a monochrome printer....I recommend a decent HP....

Unless an copier is what you want...I highly suggest you get the machine on a service agreement, to avoid this issue down the road if you choose to keep the machine. The cost varies based on too many variables I am not privy to, so I am not sure what you may face, but ultimately, you will need to replace the units eventually, along with the belt and fusing units. As I recall, a nominal fee along with click counts based on usage, something to the tune of about 1-8 cents per page for full colour, under a penny for black...or there about.

The added benefit is knowing the machine will get the service it needs without the hassle of high consumable costs....the fuser will run somewhere between $500-1000, pending on your source, the image units perhaps around $300-500, transfer belt about the same as a fusing unit. Katun is a good source for OEM at reduced cost...

There are other multiple "cheap" sources such as Ebay, or some local re-manufacture source that will save money, but from a personal point of view are very risky...Ebay you could run the risk of being ripped off for a used unit that was "reset", or the re-manufactured device may not have been re-manufactured to standard...unknowns. Taking chances is what I would call it.

In the end, you know what your cost absorption needs are, so it is your choice what route you go.

Oh yes, I forgot to add to the above post...

to enter tech rep, press the utility key, select counter, then details. You should see a screen that displays what you have in the photo, but the right side should show a breakdown of colour usage and a "print" button (which allows you to print out a detailed use report). No need to go that far, unless you want to see this report. Just that when you are at the point I described, looking at the detailed meter screen, then enter the codes described above to enter tech rep mode.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C250 Fixed - Finally!

I agree with Stirton's advise about getting a service agreement. You must keep in mind that, even though you can reset most of the consumables in order for them to work for a longer time, they will eventually die, and you'll need to replace them eventually.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

BUKY

KONICA MINOLTA c250p IU and transfer belt reset/ no cyan and magenta

Hello, I m new here, but you helped me to do the reset and averything is like
    you said .
    My problem is directly after reseting on message on display

Machine status 6/7/ / /

and the print is with no cyan and magenta only 2% and k and y is normal.
    Itried to rebbot machine and clean the connections but nothing.
    I have onli one inch of colour on that two colours in the beginning of page
    an the rest coverage is faded and arroun 2 % of full tone.
    Does annyone knows what to do.

Can you post an example?
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

BUKY
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Can you post an example?
    I,ll try to send it but my tech support said that,
    in brochure that message shows M an C missfunction, and that is really problem
    because it starts to work with the belt but do not do entire cycle,
    so something s wrong.

The thin is that my cyan IU is new only 345 copyies(not reseted - new, like the yellow)
    and problems started two days ago.
    - replace M iu, and i put a new reset chip on that one (machine coun 119 800 copies)
    - emmediately after, replace fuser - reseted it by your help guys (THANKS A LOT)easy
    -then transfer belt- the same thing just new fuse
    - after that machine was giving mi that message that I wrote
    Machine status 6/7/....and two times
    6/7/21/ that indicates C M failure

I don't intend to offend you in any way possible, but I'm having extreme dificulty understanding your description - I'm assuming english is not your mother language (don't worry, it's not mine also).

So a scanned example would go a long way helping us understanding your problem.

You could also try to describe the problem in your own language - maybe someone else here understands you better, or we can try to use google translator to do a better description.

Cheers!
    Mascan42

Ibid

BUKY

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I don't intend to offend you in any way possible, but I'm having extreme dificulty understanding your description - I'm assuming english is not your mother language (don't worry, it's not mine also).

So a scanned example would go a long way helping us understanding your problem.

You could also try to describe the problem in your own language - maybe someone else here understands you better, or we can try to use google translator to do a better description.

Cheers!
    At first, Hello and Sorry I just banned with my situation, and didn't even spell some words entirely and you are apsolutely right, how can I even aspect sollution
    when I did not have time to write it correctly.
    Respect!:
    I'm a graphic designer and in my studio I also have KM c250p, and english isn't
    my mother language but the problem is that I had some deadline with KM c250
    and everything went wrong.

So, after a few hours of searching solutions and descriptions I found everything here
    and after reseting machine, IU Magenta, then Fuser, then Transfer i turnd up the printer and after stabilizing image I had a message on screen

Machine status 6/7/ / / instead of ready

- I tried to print but no Cyan and Magenta although cyan is new and magenta with reset chip.???
    :=) tnx

P.S. that message refers to IU Magenta and Iu Cyan problem, what and why I do not know