Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    I think it must have to do with the domain authentication problem. I tried other available IP addresses (when the IT guy was not there - he is very particular about such things) and it still will not scan to email or SMB. I used a variety of SMTP servers and email addresses and it just won't go past the server domain controller (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Ask your IT guys to whitelist the IP address of the copier so that it doesn't need to authenticate with Exchange or what ever email server they are using.

As for scan to SMB, then it must be a local account on the PC (as this machine won't authenticate with a domain) and you will also need to ensure that 'Digital Signing of SMB Packets' is disabled on the location to where you are trying to scan to as this machine doesn't support digital signing of SMB packets. The Digital Signing is set through a group policy on the server which filters down to client PC's so you might find that your IT person might not want to disable this feature. I know that I wouldn't if it was my network. :-)

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Solution ID TAUS0800962EN* Solution Usage 22
    Description

SERVER CONNECT ERROR message and unable to scan to E-mail viaMicrosoft® Exchange Server 2003 and 2007.

Solution

CAUSE: An exception for the printer was not added to the Microsoft® Exchange Server.

SOLUTION: Have theserver Administrator add an exception for the printer to the Exchange exceptions list.

1.Open the Control panel and select Windows Firewall.

2.Select Exceptions and Add Port.

3.Add a name and Port number.

4.Click on Change Scope.

5.Select Custom List and add the TCP/IP address for the exception.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Solution ID TAUS0702066EN* Solution Usage 4
    Description

ED09C6 error code when trying to scan to SMB.

Solution

PROBABLE CAUSES:

1. LAN cable is not connected or the destination address is incorrect. Check that the LAN cable is correctly connected. Also check that the settings for the destination address and port number are correctly specified.

2. The SMB ports are closed for security reasons, usually due to a firewall or anti-virus utility. Ports 137, 138, 138 and 445 need to be verified that they are open. If these ports are closed, a connection cannot be made to the workstation from the machine, thus creating the error. Checking the ports should only be done by the customer network administrator. DO NOT change these ports yourself.

Solution ID TAUS0648544EN* Solution Usage 17
    Description

How to scan to SMB.

Solution

When setting up scanning to SMB, user rights must be set appropriately for the environment that the workstation is in (i.e., Local Workgroup or Domain). Below is an example of both:

1. User1@usa.konicaMinolta.us is an example of which user ID to add when sharing out a folder. This is when the machine is on a domain.

2. A machine is on the local workgroup. Use the machine name PW-Workstation_Name and then the username User1 , (i.e.,
    \PW-Workstation_Name\User1 ) then set the appropriate rights.

Solution ID TAUS0650910EN* Solution Usage 7
    Description

ED09C7 code when scanning to SMB.

Solution

CAUSE: The computer user name and password are incorrect.

SOLUTION: In the user name and password fields when creating a one-touch key, the user name and password must match exactly to the name and password registered in the PC.

Solution ID TAUS0701992EN* Solution Usage 0
    Description

When usingscan to SMB using a Microsoft® Windows domain server,error messages are generated even after making sure that folder and destinations are correct.

Example (EA2229).

Solution

CAUSE:Incorrect server settings.

SOLUTION: Perform the following procedure on the server:

1. Open the default Domain Controller Security Setting.
    2. Local Policies.
    3. Under Security Setting for Microsoft® network server set: Digitally sign communications from "Always" to "Disable".

Solution ID TAUS0703536EN* Solution Usage 2
    Description

PROBLEM: The machine indicates the incorrect user name or password ED9C7 when attempting to scan to SMB on a server or workstation with an account created for scanning.

Solution

CAUSE: An account is created on the server or workstation to provide a user name and password, either because the workstation does not use a password or the administrator does not want to use their password on the server. The created account does not have administrator rights. This will cause the scan to be rejected.

SOLUTION: Assign administrator rights to the account created for scanning purposes.

Solution ID TAUS0901249EN* Solution Usage 0
    Description

The machine will not scan to SMB on the first attempt. Pressing redial from the job list will allow the scan to complete.
    Solution

CAUSE: The gateway TX setting is set to restrict.

SOLUTION: The gateway TX setting needs to be set to allow. To do this, enter the administrator 2 mode by pressing the utility key, admin management, admin 2. Select network settings, scanner settings, gateway TX and change the setting to allow.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Interlochen? Glad you guys have been getting all the snow. Haha. I'm just a ways north. As for the IT guy, well you have proven there is no problem with the machine, and it is his network. If he is unwilling to help you, well there is little you can do. I have had similar issues in the past, usually resulting in my mgt having to get involved to get assistance from the IT dept. otherwise they must not really want scanning. Cant fix there network without them doing some work.

Technician
    Thats about the way I've come to see it and, fortunately, the customer understands that it is the network and not the machine so there is no problems there. I thought I had a good working relationship with this IT guy prior to this but.....

I thought you all got tons more did than we did this time around!
    It's a funny year as just a few miles away there were at least 12 more inches than we have had.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Didn't see this posted, but the 350 needs both the host name and file path in CAPS. An easy way to verify correct permissions and credentials is to log in to w workstation with the info supplied by the IT department and attempt to write/erase a file into the folder. If you can't accomplish this from a workstation, the MFP sure as hell won't either. KM doesn't suuport 3rd party email (gmail/yahoo ect). If you can make it work, great, if not, sad, but not our issue. If you have the domane name in the TCP/IP settings, don't tag it on the user login name as the MFP will add it twice and login will fail. Emujo

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Thanks for clarifying that, it's a little fuzzy in the destructions......um....instructions!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    One other tip... this family (through the 282) wont connect to a 2003 domain controller without modifying the digitally signed communications security policy. If you can scan to a workstation but not back to the server (using the same permissions and scan path) this is probably the issue. Emujo

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ran into this yesterday. smtp authentication settings need to be turned on sot you can set them. Softswitch 380 bits "6" and "2" set to 1. Then it will let you enter them in network setup. Hope it might help by pass IT

There is a special firmware available from Konica Minolta (version: G3Z-80) which supports SMB Signatures for Server 2003