Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service/IT/Integrator 50+ Posts DocuSystems's Avatar
    ED09C6 - Server Connect Error. Can't find the server for some reason. There is a PING test under admin2. I have ran into situations where if DNS wasn't configured correctly, E-Mail scanning won't work EVEN when using an IP. Don't know why, just something I've seen. For SMB, start with the destination's IP address. If it won't connect with that then the ports are being blocked.

ED09C7 - Login error. For SMB scanning, I usually try to use a user's domain account to find out where the machine is trying to authenticate. If it works with a domain account, sometimes you can get IT to create a new account specifically for scanning with a non-expiring password.

I have had no luck scanning to a DC and don't usually try it. I will talk the customer into E-Mail or FTP, either using the DC's FTP server, or getting them to install the KM FTP utility.

I have also had no luck setting up scanning to a gmail account. Try another email provider, even yours, to prove it's not the Bizhub, and tell them they need to find a different provider. Lots of the free email providers disable relaying for obvious reasons.

You could always suggest to the IT person that they need to do packet capturing and analyze the packets to determine what is going on, but good luck with that! Alot of IT departments I work with see packet capturing as a security risk.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gonna try an attachment.

Technician

Re: Bizhub 350 scan to issues

Having the same error code ED09C6. All samba ports are open. Made Firewall exceptions. I can ping the computers from the printer but scan to SMB still does not work. I feel like I have tried everything.

Quote Originally Posted by oxxi View Post
    Having the same error code ED09C6. All samba ports are open. Made Firewall exceptions. I can ping the computers from the printer but scan to SMB still does not work. I feel like I have tried everything.
    oxxi, is this a Linux system? The ports that need to be open are:
    TCP: 139, 445
    UDP: 137, 138

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 scan to issues

Hey,
    You need to make it clear with the owner that the IT guy needs to step up as it seems strange to me that neither smb or scan to email are not working.Its usually one or the other.
    I think your IT person is the main reason for your problems.Seriously, you've proven the scanner is working and was working in the previous location. If the IT guy is so particular about everything then he should bear the responsability of putting the new settings in.Who knows what he has going on in the network.Its seems he's blaming the scanner coz he hasn't a clue himself and doesn't want to be shown up!!

Best of luck,I feel your pain.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by DocuSystems View Post
    oxxi, is this a Linux system? The ports that need to be open are:
    TCP: 139, 445
    UDP: 137, 138

Well the scenario is that all the computers are Windows 7 64 bit. They all have the same hardware and are setup the same way. The thing is that Scan to SMB works on some computers for some reason. All the computers have an Admin account and a Standard user account. To setup scan to smb, I followed this tutorial on Youtube (see below). This setup worked fine when I first set it up on our computers, but then it just stopped working. I've made sure everything is correct, I have disabled the Windows Firewall , Antivirus, anything that I think would be blocking SMB. I have confirmed that SMB ports are open with 'netstat'. After all this, I still keep getting ED09C6 error. The LAN cable should be fine since other computers with the same setup work. I just need to pin point what settings are making it work on the other computers. I'm starting to think that maybe the network adapter on the Konica is faulty or that I might have to do a Firmware update. Have any of you ever experienced this type of problem?

In Windows 7 you have to make sure that the computer is either on a home or work type network. If you are on a public network, network discovery will be disabled, and you will get the "Server Connect Error" ED09C6. Also, some services responsible for filesharing could be disabled. If it works on one or more computers, but not some of the others, it's not a network card on the Bizhub, or firmware issue. There have been some special firmware released for the 200/250/350 series that relate specifically to SMB, but that failure is usually a logon failure. (ED09C7) And always us all CAPS for the hostname. EG. MYPC instead of MyPC.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by DocuSystems View Post
    In Windows 7 you have to make sure that the computer is either on a home or work type network. If you are on a public network, network discovery will be disabled, and you will get the "Server Connect Error" ED09C6. Also, some services responsible for filesharing could be disabled. If it works on one or more computers, but not some of the others, it's not a network card on the Bizhub, or firmware issue. There have been some special firmware released for the 200/250/350 series that relate specifically to SMB, but that failure is usually a logon failure. (ED09C7) And always us all CAPS for the hostname. EG. MYPC instead of MyPC.

I can confirm that I am on a 'Work' type network. File sharing is enabled also, I do enter the Ip address of the destination instead of the Hostname. The problem still persists though. This is a challenge!

Have a look at this thread, i talked about scan to gmail and ways around scanning directly to gmails server (if this is giving you an issue)
    hope it helps

Scan to Gmail

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 scan to issues

Konica really improved it's diagnostics. now you can work with "sever connect" or "login error"

these old EDOxxx crapola is not worthy of a 99$ lexmark from Office Depot