Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy Bizhub 350 scan to issues

My customer's Bizhub 350 moved to a new location and no longer will scan to email.
    Whether scan to email or SMB error ED09C6 or ED09C7.
    Windows 2003 server with DC. IT guy says that it is not getting through to the server somehow but the Pagescope web interface is available as well as printing from all workstations. fax works as well.

I have done a total clear and re-entered all settings after the IT person tried to reconfigure the machine to use a Gmail account rather that the previous account they had had. It worked until the attempt to switch to Gmail.

What I do not understand is why I cannot even set up scan to SMB on this network.

I know there has been a lot of posts on this but none seem to address this situation to me as I can understand it. Can it be as simple as using upper case? Whay does the IT guy now tell me the Bizhub no longer logs into the server?

It's a mixed Mac and Windows environment but everyone can use the Bizhub except now for scan.

I have turned SSL on and off. DNS on and off as well with similar negative results.

I really need some step by step, setting up Bizhub 350 for scan to functions help.
    As by the book, it should be correct but it's not working for some reason.

Help?

kyotech75

Some things to check

I know the gmail uses different smtp servers, so make sure the smtp server being used is the correct one for the account. Also SSL is required for gmail and it uses port 465 for smtp.

Have you tried to connect a laptop up with a crossover and try to scan to smb directly. This will tell you if you have a problem with the scanner or some setting on the network. I have had some issues with Small business server not allowing SMB scanning because of permissions on folders. Try to create a new folder on the root directory and (since you have access to the IT person) use the administrator login and password.

Make sure DNS is set up correctly if host name is being used, but for testing purposes IP address is the way to go.

This may not make it work but may help you prove the problem is not your machine and will put the liability on the customers IT staff to figure it out.

GL

I have not tried the laptop with crossover cable thing yet but I will.
    I have set the Gmail settings up as you say with no luck.
    What I really do not understand is why the machine will print from network, ping other IP addresses, local and internet, fax and all other things it is supposed to do but will no longer scan to email as it did before.

Quote Originally Posted by kyotech75 View Post
    I know the gmail uses different smtp servers, so make sure the smtp server being used is the correct one for the account. Also SSL is required for gmail and it uses port 465 for smtp.

Have you tried to connect a laptop up with a crossover and try to scan to smb directly. This will tell you if you have a problem with the scanner or some setting on the network. I have had some issues with Small business server not allowing SMB scanning because of permissions on folders. Try to create a new folder on the root directory and (since you have access to the IT person) use the administrator login and password.

Make sure DNS is set up correctly if host name is being used, but for testing purposes IP address is the way to go.

This may not make it work but may help you prove the problem is not your machine and will put the liability on the customers IT staff to figure it out.

GL

kyotech75
    The reason has to be on the network, ie a setting, a server change or some port being blocked that was not before.
    If the customer is using a new firewall or something like that then that may be the issue. When you print you are sending information directly to the printers IP address and there is no information that has to be sent through a firewall. Faxing uses the phone line and does not have to go through the network. If they are receiving faxes to a folder (network fax) then set the scans to go to that folder and test it. If it scans to that folder you can eliminate the scanner as the problem.

Also, just a thought, change the network cable and try a different IP address just to test. Stranger things have happened.

Server 2003 by default has SMB packet and secure channel signing turned on the bizhub 250/350 will not scan to SMB under these circumstances. There might be a final firmware that allows this but I'm not sure. The final version I use on my 250/350's is G30. The IT department would have to turn these features off on the server, do not offer to change the settings on the server tell them its up to them if they want to change the settings, I would assume no responsibility for the server settings I never get into that with IT departments I simple state the machine does not support SMB packet and secure channel signing these features must be off, while I know how to turn these off I will not touch a server that I do not manage my self. If the IT department does not comply setup scan to FTP or use the IP scanner/Image receiver software. The image receiver is what I typically use on server 2003 when SMB is not available. Also for the Scan to email find out who there ISP is and use the ISP SMTP to scan-to-email typically when you use the ISP SMTP you can put what ever you want in the email field (no authentication)and it will work also resolve the ip address for the host name I never use host names for scan-to-email. Some might argue (It departments mostly) that the ip address changes but I have not had that happen yet with comcast bellsouth/att roadrunner nuvox broadsmart cbeyond have all had the same smtp IP even when bellsouth went to att the IP's stayed intact. Also if you must use gmail there are some bit codes you could find in the service manual that will make it so you can put a separate authentication settings for the SMTP and the pop3. mode 380 I belive
    Last edited by mdavin; 12-23-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: mode 380 not 360

With your SMB issues, are you going directly to server or to a workstation? If it is a workstation make sure that there is a local user account setup to use, not a domain login. Turn off any firewalls and try again. but I have seen the local user issue many times.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 scan to issues

Ask your IT guys to whitelist the IP address of the copier so that it doesn't need to authenticate with Exchange or what ever email server they are using.

As for scan to SMB, then it must be a local account on the PC (as this machine won't authenticate with a domain) and you will also need to ensure that 'Digital Signing of SMB Packets' is disabled on the location to where you are trying to scan to as this machine doesn't support digital signing of SMB packets. The Digital Signing is set through a group policy on the server which filters down to client PC's so you might find that your IT person might not want to disable this feature. I know that I wouldn't if it was my network. :-)
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Glorified Parts Swapper 100+ Posts ptrflrs's Avatar
    for smb, have you checked if it was moved to a different subnet? as for the gmail, good luck on that one, check ur ports out -smtp and verify authentication method for gmail and as someone already mentioned firmware. gmail settings:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: pop.gmail.com
    Use SSL: Yes
    Port: 995
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS or SSL: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
    Use Authentication: Yes
    Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
    Port for SSL: 465
    Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com) Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com) Password: your Gmail password
    jesus loves you! (everyone else thinks you're an assh*le)
    street cred: CompTIA A+ & Network+ Certified; Konica Minolta Gold Seal x2,
    Konica Minolta Outward ASSociate, Ricoh, Sharp, Lexmark trained

I agree it is in the network but I have been trying to appease the IT guy who does not seem to want it to be anything other than the Bizhubs fault.
    I did use a cross over cable to a laptop and all is well there as far as scanning.
    I did try a different cable and IP addy as you suggest and still no joy.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyotech75 View Post
    The reason has to be on the network, ie a setting, a server change or some port being blocked that was not before.
    If the customer is using a new firewall or something like that then that may be the issue. When you print you are sending information directly to the printers IP address and there is no information that has to be sent through a firewall. Faxing uses the phone line and does not have to go through the network. If they are receiving faxes to a folder (network fax) then set the scans to go to that folder and test it. If it scans to that folder you can eliminate the scanner as the problem.

Also, just a thought, change the network cable and try a different IP address just to test. Stranger things have happened.

Through a server which I do believe is the issue. As mentioned, I did connect without issue off the network with a laptop and a cross over cable.
    Windows Server 2003 with domain control and an IT guy who insists on not checking firewalls and other settings that may be blocking this function.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG PAPA View Post
    With your SMB issues, are you going directly to server or to a workstation? If it is a workstation make sure that there is a local user account setup to use, not a domain login. Turn off any firewalls and try again. but I have seen the local user issue many times.