Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

bizhub 3510 service code

Well it looks like the boss worked on a bizhub 3510 exactly one year ago. Probably did it because we work on this companys printers. Sure I can make it feed better, it probably went something along those lines.

Well the boss is in Mexico and today we get a call. Urgent, we have a faxing problem. The error report says TX-NG and a code EA 0006

Ive never even seen one of these machines before until I did a google image search. I searched this site and didnt come up with an answer. Can anyone give me a little point in the right direction to help these people out?

Mark
    Last edited by Black lung; 12-23-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    EA codes? Hmmmmmm. Me thinks that is a scann error code. In fax set-up is it still on G3 and not pc in quality?

Technician
    I have no idea what is going on with this machine. Ive never been to this customers office before and never seen one of these machines except in a picture LOL. Its a one of for us, Im only going by what the customer called in.

Should be a fun service call.

Well sounds like a fax issue for sure. First thing I would do is have them do a po/po. then check their fax line for noise and make sure that someone...ie the customer lol. didn't plug the fax line in the tel slot instead of the Line slot in the rear of the machine. I've rarely seen these fax boards go out. Most of the time it is a customer created issue, phone line or the machine at the other end. Good Luck

Technician
    Well I went there and muddled through. Took me a sec to figure out how to run a tx report and sure enough it had the code I mentioned above. Turns out they scan to email, no actual phone line to the machine. I did the usual stuff, unplug and plug back in, open and close doc feed. (both high tech fixes). Then I asked the customer to show me what she was doing when her problems happened (since I had no idea how to do it myself). She sent it off and it worked ... Ok there ya go, all fixed, your welcome LOL.

I kind of hate leaving calls like this, but the boss will be back on Tuesday and Ill let him deal with it if the need arises.