Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    konica minolta biz hub 200

Just to throw another twig onto the fire, check if your drum has aluminum on sight where there shouldn't be any - if there is, it could be arcing and causing that kind of problem.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

if you replace drum unit, dv, dv unit and transfer roller all at the same time this machine will run a long time without cq problems. I worked for km and parts were readily available and i know how hard it can be for mom and pop shops to get the parts, but if you do this and change the drumlife counter to off you can almost get double the life from this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsHot View Post
    dont forget to look at the transfer roller. There are white arms on the end of the transfer roller that come into contatct with the drum unit. If these are worn funny on either end it will also eat your drum unit like the dev collars do.....
    I can not reiterate just how important this is. We have had techs replace the drum AND DV unit and forget this only to have a call placed on them within a month with the same issues.

The transfer roller is a $20 part that will save you a ton of money in the long run if replaced in a timely manner. The drum scratch on the right side (along with probable damage to the rear side DV seal) are both symptoms associated with the transfer roller also being worn.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    I just re-read that entire thread. What a learning experience. That was a total Think Tank.
    Kevin900

Glorified Parts Swapper 100+ Posts ptrflrs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copierlady View Post
    Ok guys hate to admit it but i came into the shop today! Trying to wind up somethings befor i take a short break for new years. Here is a scan of my issue. I also found when checking the drum unit that there is a scratch pretty deep on the far right side out of the line of site on the copies.
    Tried to coat it with fingernail polish. I thought it helped, but after about 15 copies the problem came back. The polish could'nt wear off that quick could it?
    ThanksAttachment 7679
    time for a new photoconductor. how many clicks? there used to be this magic "teflon tape' i used to use to test this but if u can see the aluminum on one of the sides, the drum is gone. c450, c351, cf2002/3102, c363 and c360 all suffer from this same issue. its very likely a charge/grid arcing to the drum at regular intervals at or around the scratch as the charge builds up. if u fold the sheet over lead to trail to form a roll from void to void to overlap u should have the approximate circumference of the drum -if you want proof.
    jesus loves you! (everyone else thinks you're an assh*le)
    street cred: CompTIA A+ & Network+ Certified; Konica Minolta Gold Seal x2,
    Konica Minolta Outward ASSociate, Ricoh, Sharp, Lexmark trained

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Thanks for all your help. I did not get to finish this job. The guy did not want to put any money in the machine. Getting a lot of that lately. Thanks

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copierlady View Post
    Thanks for all your help. I did not get to finish this job. The guy did not want to put any money in the machine. Getting a lot of that lately. Thanks
    Why I'm not surprised...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!