Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Konica Minolta

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta

My advise is to use a smaller amp fuse, 50 or 63 mA like pepper indicated above. If the fuse is badly calibrated, you might end up with a burned board. This is why the safest bet it is to use a smaller amperage.

AccService 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anagramentertainment View Post
    Is it possible to replace a fuse on the Black Imaging unit or do I need to replace something larger?

Thanks for the tips on the Transfer belt!

You can replace just the chip, however I preffer to only do this only for one life cycle then replace the entire unit due to possible wear...

c250 transfer belt problem

Hello to all,
    I have the following problem. I have a c250 which I reset the fusser unit and transfer belt. Every time I reset them before I get a message on the touch screen that I have to change them. This time I replaced the fusser unit and transfer belt after I received the message on the touch screen (need to replace FU, TB coming soon). After I replaced the transfer belt with a reseted transfer belt I received this error "C2451" (Transfer Cleaner Unit New
    Article Release - A new installation is not detected when a new
    Transfer Cleaner Unit (Image Transfer Belt Unit) is
    installed.). The problem is the same with the fusser unit.
    I want to know if anyone has had this problem? Is it because I was late in replacing them after the message on the screen or is it due to bad reset?
    Would appreciate if anyone can help!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    If you are using old transfer belt or fuser and simply replacing the fuse on those to reset the count, ensure that you are using fuses between 1/8th amp and 1/16th amp. Heavier fuses will prevent the fuse from being blown at the appropriate time and likely might be why the machine is not resetting itself. Those fuses MUST blow to complete the cycle.

It is possible that if the fuse in the unit did not blow that it may have damaged the MFPB and this needs to be replaced.

To find out, simply put in another "NEW" transfer belt. If the error code is still there, your MFPB board is damaged and needs repair.

this next part if for new articles.

All KM machines have a minor flaw when replacing consumables.

The transfer belt and fuser are the only parts that use a pico fuse to reset. Image units use an ROM ic to reset the counters.

The only time the reset failes (on brand new articles) is if the machine cannot complete image quality checks. In other words, P codes are present.

Check your control panel, look for the oil can symbol (looks like an old fashioned oil can) on the lower portion of the screen. You can press that symbol and should be presented with a white screen displaying the particular P codes that are currently failing.

Until those codes are dealt with, the counters on the new item will not be reset.

You can view the specific codes in tech rep counters and what they are.

For the most part, check that your IUs are seated properly, that your LED (or laser write windows) are clean. Check the transfer belt to make sure it has no surface damage. Check the IDC sensors to ensure they are clean and that the IDC sensor shutter is opening when the right side door is closed (there is a plastic lever you can poke with a pen to see the movement).
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    Konica Minolta

Re: Konica Minolta

Quote Originally Posted by laserman06 View Post
    Yes, you can reset the transfer belt on a C250. To reset it you must replace a 80ma fuse. The process is as follows:

1. Pull the transfer belt out.
    2. Remove the bar that has the stripper finger on it. (2 screws, 1 on top and
    1 on the front.)
    3. Remove the ground spring from the shaft.
    4. Remove the clip and then remove the metal handle.
    5. Remove the small black screw. The cover will then come off and you will
    see the fuse. Put the new fuse in and the belt will reset.
    I know this is an old Tread, but
    Is the Fuse located the same in a C450?
    Is it on the left side of ITB (or back of unt)

The field service manual does not show location.

Technician
    Konica Minolta

Re: Exellent support...

Quote Originally Posted by gerryhuerta View Post
    Having allready replaced a few of these on my own I can say The above description is perfecly correct. laserman06 is corect. Way to GOOOOOO...
    I know this is an old Tread, but
    Is the Fuse located the same in a C450?
    Is it on the left side of ITB (back of unt)

The field service manual does not show fuse location.

or exploded view of Image Transfer belt unit

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta

Re: Konica Minolta

AJ058 just open the left side door, remove the WTB, slide the belt out about 5 inches ( of course you must remove the locking screws first ), locate the little silver contacts ( front conner of the belt as it sits, remove the crew that holds the contact cover, now you see the fuse... the rest should be self explanatory.

Oh if you have a finisher mounted on the left you may want to remove it before you start.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes