Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Konica Training Online

What level are people at with the konica training and have you found it benificial with day to day work in the field and even applying for jobs?

Through our dealership we get access to the online training program and I'm trying to decide wether it's worth persuing.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Online training is only 1/10th what you get in formal training. It really depends on the career direction you choose. In colour, there is a lot of online WBT content that helps you form a good basis for things related to colour and the theories on an assortment of software colour solutions. Black and white not so much. There are some customer oriented courses too, and a wide array of network and computer WBTs in Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac environments. But the main meat and potatoes of being a KM tech involve in class instruction, and time measured in days is subjective to the specific machine being looked at. Do not expect to be over inundated with theory as a novice...much of the training at that level involves a lot of interaction with a supervisor and senior technician to walk you through several service calls. Basic introduction machines will be taught at first, and if you show you can handle it, higher end machines and production line machines will follow, usually a couple years later...at least, this is how my shop does it.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

agreeing with stirton.m here. I have completed every paper all the way up to the colour dip (reading thru the books now). "in the field" experience is the best classroom. the outward stuff is great theory, much is out of date, much you will never use. it is a good benchmark and a way to get some competition with your fellow techs. Japan is always updating and adding to the content. the forums, knowledge base and senior techs will have more relevant and specific information than the elearning.

Tend to agree with the above, but it also would depend on how you learn best and how your mind works. We have people thru the master levels, and trained on every wbt. Looks great on paper, and the theroy is nice if you can apply it, but it doesnt do much for turning a screw driver. It does help the resume, and also consider if your employer will take notice.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG PAPA View Post
    It does help the resume

Ding! We have a winner!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I have completed outward master in all 4 catagories, none of it has helped me much in the field repairing the MFPs, but it does give you a better platform from which to help your customers with other issues, like the KonicaMinolta built in security features, network basics, management devices like card readers, etc. I still need to break out the setup instructions when installing, but I feel better prepared when addressing these kind of issues in the field. Another plus...all things being equal, I hope if layoffs are possible and it comes down to who is better trained, my record will stand out. Emujo