Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

set up scan on bizhub C350

can someone help me or direct me on how to set up scanning on bizhub C350 is there a sight for setting up scanning for idiots. P.S. I also have to set up scanning on DI3510 the customer want alot from a copier tech who is not a IT guy.

scan to mail.pdf

Here is a sample....sorry it is in italian.
    If you decide to setup a scan to SMB let me know, and say also which operating system is using your customer.

p.s. I don't know if scan to mail works on the older box, i've started working on Konicaminolta only in 2005, so I know only the bizhub models.

Have fun, and....as someone sign on this site:

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
    ... In the minute that you're thinking of giving up, think about why you lasted so long ...

pspice2001

re scan setup

Quote Originally Posted by alonzo View Post
    can someone help me or direct me on how to set up scanning on bizhub C350 is there a sight for setting up scanning for idiots. P.S. I also have to set up scanning on DI3510 the customer want alot from a copier tech who is not a IT guy.
    Make a folder on the desktop and call it scans. right click on the folder and go to properties. In properties give it full sharing rights. If you don't give the folder permission for full sharing your scan will never get to the computer and the machine will delete it.Usually takes me about 5 minutes a station. Good Luck

can u write it with details how to set scan to pc

i can not set up this option scan to pc can u plz help me
    thanks
    bye
    yousaf

if u will help me i will b grate full to u. how to set up scan to pc in bizhub c350 customer is useing xp pro. can u send me every single step how to send scan to pc thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    yousaf

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Yousaf

Its called scan to pc it can be googled for steps
    call a technician

... In the minute that you're thinking of giving up, think about why you lasted so long ...

Technician
    Hi The C350 will not offer scan to folder the option you have are TWAIN, scan-to-FTP, scan-to-HDD,scan-to-eMail, scan-to-iFax, scan-to-Userbox. The Ftp option will allow the customer to point scans to a folder but requirers pagescope cabinet also scan to email doesn't support smtp authentication. The easiest way to get your customer scanning is to download box operator or if you have cd with m/c it will be on there and retrieve scan from the HDD.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Access to an assortment of pagescope software compatible with this model. Not all programs listed will work. Pagescope Cabinet is available to act as a FTP server.

http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/brow...e&sortname=ASC

The alternative is to simply upgrade the machine itself. Even a C351 is vastly superior to the C350, it allows SMB, authentication to SMTP, scan to box (internal hard disk) and more. The C350 is IMO a piece of crap, relatively speaking of course.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    if u will help me i will b grate full to u. how to set up scan to pc in bizhub c350 customer is useing xp pro. can u send me every single step how to send scan to pc thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    yousaf

It seems to me that every install is just a little different from the last, different OSs, different layers of security, different capabilities with each new MFP, different customer needs and so on...so to ask for a standard step by step instruction manual for setting up scanning is impossible. Take the advice posted here and tackle this yourself, or even better, call a trained tech and pay him/her for the 1-2 hours of time and get involved in the process. Ask questions and try the setup yourself. Don't just be satisfied that its "working now". If you can't learn, or don't want to, be ready to pay for the service. I can't fix the transmission on my car, and I'm not foolish enough to ask for a step by step document as I know I will just make it worse, so I take it to the dealer and pay for the job to get done correctly. But you can bet I can change the oil, replace the brakes, or an alternator, as needed. Emujo