Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

help pls : ) cannot be contacted over the network????!!!!

I have a cf2002 that I am trying to install on my computer?? I have a router which the computer and the copier is connected too. I am using an enhanced patch cord from the copier to the router?? after i do the add a printer set up, I get a green check mark, but when i go to print it doesn't work and when i trouble shoot it comes up that Fiery cannot be contacted over the network?? i have no idea what i am doing wrong?? also i have windows 7 does that make a difference?? any help would be awesome pls!! thanks everyone the new girl

Well first of all is everything set in the same IP range? Can you ping back and forth? What driver are you trying to use? Not sure that this model is supported by anything past windows XP. would have to check to be sure. Can you bring up the web interface?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If you're using the setup wizard to add this printer you may want to call a qualified tech who has experience working with the Fiery. The configuration is not for a novice. You need to make sure that the fiery has an IP address on your network (configure manually) as well as making sure that you have the correct driver...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    Do you use a lpr port? The old Fiery's didn't have the port 9100 activated by default.

Technician
    thanks everyone for all your help!! after all the questions i asked we are now up and running. the main problem was finding a driver for the fiery because i am on windows 7!! now I am off to try and connect my sharp arm450 : ( here we go again lol!