Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kaleidoscope

Connecting a bizhub 423 series to a wireless network. What is required?

Hi all.

A client of ours need to connect a bizhub 423 series machine to his wireless network. Can you please give me advice on how this can be done? Do we need to install the EK-604 for him and get a wireless print server that can connect via USB to the machine?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Service Manager 250+ Posts ineo+6501's Avatar
    Wireless LAN_101026.pdf

Europe have now released wireless options for the whole range of office machines. The attached is from DEVELOP but the same applies to the bizhub machines.
    Contact your local KM rep for options in your area.

Setup a wireless print server.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Dlinks sell wireless print servers for decent coin and do the trick too...

D-Link RangeBooster G 4-Port Multifunction USB Print Server at Memory Express Computers
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

kaleidoscope
    Thx for the help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I think the print servers are grossly overpriced. You can buy nearly any cheap wireless router and turn it into a wireless bridge with DD-WRT or a similar custom firmware. Not to mention a lot of the wireless print servers use USB, which in some cases prohibits you from accessing the web interface.

Most wireless print servers will tend to drop off the network on a pretty consistent basis, just as a cheap home router will crash and lose your internet connection. Save yourself some time and some headaches and pick up something in the 40-50 range that can run DD-WRT, bridge it, and call it a day!.. You won't need any additional options for the machine.

Alternatively, I believe the new machines also are capable of bluetooth printing..

KM C360 and the C452-652 series have bluetooth as an option, but the range of this technology is extremely limited, as is the bandwidth. Useful for PDA/Cellphone connectivity, but not much else.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthetics1 View Post
    I think the print servers are grossly overpriced. You can buy nearly any cheap wireless router and turn it into a wireless bridge with DD-WRT or a similar custom firmware. Not to mention a lot of the wireless print servers use USB, which in some cases prohibits you from accessing the web interface.

Most wireless print servers will tend to drop off the network on a pretty consistent basis, just as a cheap home router will crash and lose your internet connection. Save yourself some time and some headaches and pick up something in the 40-50 range that can run DD-WRT, bridge it, and call it a day!.. You won't need any additional options for the machine.

Alternatively, I believe the new machines also are capable of bluetooth printing..
    Nuts, I linked to the wrong device, we have a couple of these out in the field and they are reliable in that I have yet to have any complaints from the end users. The place I bought from before does not sell these anymore it seems. D-Link 4-Port Broadband Router Plus USB Print Server

A third company however, has an older device that they bought themselves, a wireless bridge to be exact, that has consistently given them trouble. Unfortunate for them that they are not willing to spend money on a better unit.

I use a Linksys WRT160N at home that could easily do the job as a wireless PS. But instead, I have it for internet instead. I have a Samsung wireless laser printer that works quite well with it with the exception that the printer likes to go into sleep mode and drops the connection and ignores print jobs sent to it. Minor inconvenience, I could turn off sleep mode I suppose. But tapping the power button is not that hard to do to get it printing. It would be an annoyance in an office environment I am sure.
    ---Groucho Marx

teasea
    We have used many Linksys Wireless bridges to connect KMBS MFPs to wireless networks. They have performed fairly well. Sometimes they have to power cycled like any wireless device.