Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C253 FW black screen hell...

Same thing even the nvram tool doesnt boot the machine. All I get is the two indicator lights solid just to the left of the screen and thats it ><.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I think you have a loose interface cable (as I mentioned in my previous posts) or a dead OACB. Check the cables before you replace your board.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I will try that but that doesn't explain how if its working until you insert a flash card then it goes off on one.

I don't think its loose cables because I used all the old parts in the new board to rule them out so nvram, memory are definitely ok. The trouble board is now in our workshop in another machine that was used to fix the other at the customers and it has the exact same symptoms as when it was in the customers machine. So its 100% the mfp cant be anything else.

I cant explain it really if I some how duffed the firmware some how but all I got was a black screen not the usual firmware screen. I know it takes a few mins to pop up but this was 20 mins before I pulled the plug on it.

I'm surprised it doesn't always boot from compact flash i.e. if you had a power cut on older machines they would always boot in a mode ready to receive firmware. The c253 I guess if something happens or you got bad fw / card your screwed ><.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C253 FW black screen hell...

Bump - Had another machine like this today updating fw causing machine to become unresponsive. The last machine machine I had do this the only thing that fixed it was a new mfp board. Has anyone had a similar problem or know of a fix other than a mfp :P ?

So machine was working on R5 FW so it was updated to R6 which was successful on reboot the machines two leds light up but never fully boots up as if the machine is stuck in standby mode no sandglass just a blank screen a initial fan noise when its first switched on.

Tried diff nvram, nvram recovery card it will not flash firmware as the machine never gets to the firmware screen.

Any ideas ?

I had it happen on a C451. No fault reported, the boss just wanted me to update the f/w. A perfectly working C451, one minute later, a "toaster".
    I did nothing wrong, followed procedures exactly. Friggin KM and their crap f/w.
    Bye the way. Try explaining to your customer, why you 'fixed" their copier and now it doesn't work at all.
    It was the MFP board by the way. All 2 Grand of it.

How long are you waiting after you insert the CF card for firmware?
    I've had some machines, take over 5 minutes just to bring up the firwmare screen.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others