Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

KM reoccuring C3913 code

I've got a code 3913 that keeps popping up. I've checked dip 3-1 to a 0 and it is already there. The machine will warm up as normal but when you try to run it, it codes out after about 3 seconds. No paper in the fuser, just coming out out the PF unit. All the book and Knowledgebase says is "fuser not set" . Has anyone else seen this issue?

Technician
    Figured out what was causing the problem. The Connectors for the fusing unit had compressed pins in it. After removing the fuser and manually spreading each pin, the machine came to ready and ran with no problem. In I/O mode 25-4 you can watch the state of the fuser set change states.

Technician
    KM reoccuring C3913 code

Good for you. I always love it when I fix something just by trying something different.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    KM reoccuring C3913 code

Re: KM reoccuring C3913 code

Good evening.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but it's 8PM and my head is about to explode.

I'm having this same error: replaced the fusing unit's connectors, dismantled the back of the machine to check the machine side connectors, swapped the ADU rails between them to compensate for downward torsion (caused by age - the adu belly was scrapping the machine, now it closes fine) and I even considered the chance of the rail swapping be the cause for the error, so I repaired the old connectors and manually connected them to the back of the machine while checking IO 25-4 to see if it would give me a 1, without success.

I'm thinking of a blown fuse, but before starting to dig around the machine for a blown ICP, I've checked the ICP list, and there isn't any on the list said to cause this error.

Anyone else had this problem caused by a blown ICP? If so, which one or at least where should I look for it? If not, what else can cause this besides the obvious culprits?

Thanks!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Hi,
    You have checked just about everything that i would recommend for this issue.
    I had a faulty relay on the AC driver board once that was causing this issue. apart from that the Printer control board could also be the likey culprit.
    Good luck and hope this helps.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    KM reoccuring C3913 code

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    and I even considered the chance of the rail swapping be the cause for the error, so I repaired the old connectors and manually connected them to the back of the machine while checking IO 25-4 to see if it would give me a 1, without success.
    I made a gross mistake last friday (talk about working overtime frying your brains): I tested the connectors one at a time instead of placing both at the same time - when I placed both old connectors in the back the IO check gave me back the 1 - so back to the rails hypothesis.

I'm swapping back the rails to the original position and I've already ordered new ones. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KM reoccuring C3913 code

Good evening.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but it's 8PM and my head is about to explode.

I'm having this same error: replaced the fusing unit's connectors, dismantled the back of the machine to check the machine side connectors, swapped the ADU rails between them to compensate for downward torsion (caused by age - the adu belly was scrapping the machine, now it closes fine) and I even considered the chance of the rail swapping be the cause for the error, so I repaired the old connectors and manually connected them to the back of the machine while checking IO 25-4 to see if it would give me a 1, without success.

I'm thinking of a blown fuse, but before starting to dig around the machine for a blown ICP, I've checked the ICP list, and there isn't any on the list said to cause this error.

Anyone else had this problem caused by a blown ICP? If so, which one or at least where should I look for it? If not, what else can cause this besides the obvious culprits?

Thanks!

What equipment model?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KM reoccuring C3913 code

In series C5500 / C6500 and C5501 / C6501 this FUSING NOT SET message is just bad lock ADU. I resolve I open and close tightly.

Closing ADU very carefully, because bad connection.

No DIPSW and without ICP. Just opening and closing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KM reoccuring C3913 code

I made a gross mistake last friday (talk about working overtime frying your brains): I tested the connectors one at a time instead of placing both at the same time - when I placed both old connectors in the back the IO check gave me back the 1 - so back to the rails hypothesis.

I'm swapping back the rails to the original position and I've already ordered new ones. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks!

What ended up solving this issue for you?