Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: hard drive

rigydidge

hard drive

I need to remove the HDD from a K.M. 7145 ( if it has one ). Where the hell is it ?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts agudmove's Avatar
    HDD is mounted inside the panel covering the Main Control Board, and connected to same.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hard drive

If you believe that crap spewed by 20/20 or 60 Minutes ( I can't remember who said it ) about the HDD of a digital copier storing every document ever scanned or copied then for get about where is the HDD and check out this video!

Oh just to answer your question, if your display doesn't show HDD READY or HDD ERROR in the upper left side, then don't waist your time looking you don't have one.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    If you believe that crap spewed by 20/20 or 60 Minutes ( I can't remember who said it ) about the HDD of a digital copier storing every document ever scanned or copied then for get about where is the HDD and check out this video!

Oh just to answer your question, if your display doesn't show HDD READY or HDD ERROR in the upper left side, then don't waist your time looking you don't have one.
    A lot of the fierys actually do store copy and print jobs. If you don't believe me, open up the java interface of the fiery web tools and go into the job log. You can freely print out anything that has been sent to it recently, even if the machine has since been rebooted.

The more modern Konica-Minolta machines do not do this, however the ones with the Fiery backpacks do.

Obviously someone would have to be a copier tech or someone with enough knowledge to mount the Fiery filesystem in an existing linux PC to retrieve the files, but there is still the risk. I recommend trying this out for yourself if you haven't already.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    Yes, fiery controllers store print jobs, it's part of their function-unless you are using the 'direct' print. The CBS report was not looking at fiery units, just regular machines. Over hyped and played over and over, this has caused unwarranted concern, and is now generating state laws and bills.....

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aesthetics1 View Post
    A lot of the fierys actually do store copy and print jobs. If you don't believe me, open up the java interface of the fiery web tools and go into the job log. You can freely print out anything that has been sent to it recently, even if the machine has since been rebooted.

The more modern Konica-Minolta machines do not do this, however the ones with the Fiery backpacks do.

Obviously someone would have to be a copier tech or someone with enough knowledge to mount the Fiery filesystem in an existing linux PC to retrieve the files, but there is still the risk. I recommend trying this out for yourself if you haven't already.

His comment was NOT about fiery controllers, it was about main body hard disks, which the OP was asking about. Now whether or not the OP is removing it for this purpose is unclear, he just wants to know where it is.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    His comment was NOT about fiery controllers, it was about main body hard disks, which the OP was asking about. Now whether or not the OP is removing it for this purpose is unclear, he just wants to know where it is.
    Yes, I made sure to specify a lot of the fierys in my post to clear up confusion. Sorry if it was unclear.