Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

Bizhub 350 printing with password issue

Hi, i have installed Bizhub 350 on computers connected on a network. Printing is ok and easy. Now what i want is to put password on each computer so that printing cannot be access easily. It's like he/she must put a password first before he/she can print. How is that possible or what are the procedures? Thank you very much.

What you want can be found in the copy operations manual you can downoad it from minolta here
    category is office systems model is the 350 manual type is user guides than its at the bottom bizhub 200/250/350 Copy Operations User Guide Phase 2.5
    It starts with chapter 11.7

Hi, thank you very much for the info, i went to site that you gave me but when i was about to view the file it was asking for User Name and Password which i don't know :-) do you know the username and password? Thank you very much again.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    Hi, i have installed Bizhub 350 on computers connected on a network. Printing is ok and easy. Now what i want is to put password on each computer so that printing cannot be access easily. It's like he/she must put a password first before he/she can print. How is that possible or what are the procedures? Thank you very much.
    You can use Secure Print function. You can access the Secure Print from your printer driver. Everytime you want to print, you must input your user name & password from the MFP.

Thank you sir aleksander. By the way should i use the PCL driver or the Postscript driver? I'm also using Windows Server 2003 on my network, is that applicable? Thank you again

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    Thank you sir aleksander. By the way should i use the PCL driver or the Postscript driver? I'm also using Windows Server 2003 on my network, is that applicable? Thank you again
    You can use both PCL or PostScript driver. Try it.

Sorry there shouldn't be a password its konica's public site, try just going to kmbs.konicaminolta.us than look in support than manuals. What aleksander described will work but it does not sound like what you are asking for, Secure print will allow you to print a document to a secure box on the printer so that you can walk over to the copier and than print the document from the secure box. This is more meant for printing confidential reports or just print jobs you don't wish to print out on the machine and have some one pick it up on accident. People can still print freely with out printing to the box, they don't have to put in a passwords to print to the machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    you can try user authentication or account track if you need more secure using bizhub 350/250. Try it.