Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar
    Just an update. I installed a brand new 28C6 just to eliminate a lot of guessing in the current machine and it also froze up. I pulled the new machine back out and tried and updated driver for the current machine and it continued to lock up. I'm going to try assigning the machine a different ip address and see if this makes any difference.

U have on KM site for technician TAD for this problem,read it, it will help

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If you installed a new machine that is also locking up, there is likely a driver issue, or a network device/service that is causing the machine to crash. Isolate it from the current network and you will probably see that the problem does not persist. I don't know if your contract with your customer extends over their network, but we typically charge good money to diagnose the problem if it doesn't originate from the copier itself.

I recommend changing the IP address of the copier first and foremost, and doing a clean setup on the PCs/Server to eliminate the possibility that someone has a bad job sending to it, or an old driver that you missed.

Thanks for the advice guys. Boanda, I do not have access to this TAD you are talking about. We sell the KM machines through NEC and do not have access to everything they release. Can you provide this information to me? Thanks.

Just an update... I ended up changing the IP address of the machine and I have had no more instances of the machine locking up. This machine has been using the same IP address since install. Unfortunately one of the easiest things I could have done to solve this problem was the last thing I tried. It just didn't make since that an IP address that the machine has been using without issue would all of the sudden start causing problems. Thanks for all the helpful posts.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C280 intermittently locking up

Re: C280 intermittently locking up

Finally found this thread. I guess I did think of the solution without prompting.

My first attempt was to change the network speed setting from "Any" to "10MBs Full Duplex", which got the prints through, but slowed down the web page interactions so that the new settings weren't being stored.

The solution was "100MBs Full Duplex". =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

just a dumb question here, did you check/change network cable and the network jack pin? in the pass I see copier/printer have very slow respond on print job, some work fine after change cable some was network jack pin bend up

and I also fixed some c280 and bh361 with bad hdd, that cost the machine lock up, solution was drop in new hdd (to test is hdd error or not, just turn off hdd in service mode)
    and some user using hp driver and locks up the machine as well, but that was on bh223

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

... with and without the surge suppressor connection, three different cables, two different network jacks. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

All but a few replies ignored the "theres always a print in the queue", IP conflicts usually have abort codes or even a plain english warning on the machine. I was going to assume you're problem was with a corrupt file re-queing or a Windows 7 issue, which is very buggy with Konicas.

Technician

Utility aUser Settings aPrinter Settings aBasic Settings aPDL Settings athen choose PostScript or PCL (depending on what driver is being used) try this mybe will help?