Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

BH160 Black copies, C14A3

I have a customer who has been having issues with black copies on a BH160. The scan lamp was not coming on once in a while. As soon as power was cycled, it would work fine. I killed it!! Really, I did nothing to it, but check for broken cables and check connectors. But, NOW it has this stupid error code C14A3!! The service manual said to replace the scanner for black copies, but there is NO PART NUMBER!!! Then there is a bulletin that says something about a board update, but it just doesn't seem like it fits, it doesn't have all of the symptoms. I don't want to go ordering random parts! I want to know where the problem lies, BEFORE I order start ordering parts!! Anyone seen this before?? Thanks for your time!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You won't find the codes in service manual but in Parts Manual. The part number for CCD MODULE is 4980 1001 01.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We ordered a scanner assy for a 160 once, and it did not solve the no scan lamp issue. The problem is with the boards...certain board damages another or similar. Maybe even require firmware work iirc.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I am willing to bet its the pwb-p board. There are bulletins about that error and being related to the board. If your a paying customer its not cheap either.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Also, you should check the flat cable that come from scanner to board. That one can be easily damaged, it is so fragile.

Thanks for all the info. I'll update with my results. It's been kinda put on the back burner for my other problem with the C550. Check it out. I really need some advise. It's titled Color Blind Machine. Thanks!!!!