Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub 500 Toner Bottle Not Spinning

Hey all, have a 500 that is driving me crazy. It has about 900K on it, we first had a c2403 and replaced the ps28 sensor and all parts associated with that upgrade. That problem was fixed then shortly after that the toner bottle started making noises and popped out of the machine, after that the toner bottle will not spin. The message "loading toner" comes up on the screen for a while then says please install new toner bottle. There is a new OEM toner in the machine. We installed new drive motors on the toner hopper, new collar that grabs the toner bottle, all sensors check out and did a load check on the hopper motors and they check out. You can hear the hopper motor spinning, but it will not load toner. Pulled the toner hopper out and there is no toner present. Any ideas before it becomes target practice?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Have seen this. There is actually enough space for that bottle to pop out toward the front. there is a couple of springs within the white toner bottle pressure mechanism on the latch clip. take a good look at it. And there was a part update on that system.

Technician
    I checked that, you can open the toner door and apply pressure to the bottle and it should spin but it won't.

Another tech posted this here. I think that it is the best guide ever writed on this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ... In the minute that you're thinking of giving up, think about why you lasted so long ...

Technician
    Thank you, I appreciate that, but we had that tech bulletin and have done everything on it. That's why we are so frustrated with the situation, none of that has helped.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Have you seen that bulletin about the wrong screw length being used to secure a solenoid? Some of these machines were shipped with a screw that is a couple mm too long, causing it to make contact with the wires of a solenoid in the toner hopper. It's been a few years, but I do remember the problem driving me crazy, and was combined with the 2403 errors. Might be worth checking that solenoid to see if a screw has worn through the shielding.

try empty toner bottle. if bottle now spin then the new toner bottle is crooked

Technician
    Tried that, no luck, we just put in a new toner hopper also, still can't get it to add toner/spin.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar
    The wonderful 2403 code..

We had one once like that. It had too much pressure on the bottle and would not turn. Apparently another tech put a plastic spacer between the tip(plunger) on the toner door and removed those springs. Removed the spacer and installed new springs and that solved the problem.

I'm having this exact problem right now. I just replaced the whole toner supply unit, less the two months ago. And now the code is back and the toner bottle is not spinning, again!! My coworker said that I should get a voltage reading from the PRCB at the connectors for both motors and see if its getting 24v. He said it could be the board. Also, I'm ordering the Toner Supply Auxillary Cover p/n 50GA33060E, that had been modified, back in 2007, it solved the problem on a machine that my coworker was having.
    I'll touch base with my results, soon.