Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Di 2510 cob47 code

The machine will maybe run a few, but mostly jams at exit in the bundle area. If I tell it to sort sets of 2, it will spit out 2 sets, then stop with set 3 in the exit rollers and show a jam or code cob47. I can clear that and then run 5 plain copies and all 5 will bunch up at the exit with the gate not open and not show a jam. I researched it and based on that I changed a gate solenoid that is behind the elevator, under the gate. This made no difference. Has anyone seen this before??
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I don't remember how or why, but I do remember seeing this code a lot in the past. For some reason, my brain associates the code with that little white "flapper" thing at the paper exit, in the finisher. I can't remember the actual part name, but it's that annoying little white spring-loaded arm that helps stack copies on exit. IIRC, you can just remove the piece entirely without any ill effects.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Timing is very critical in sort mode. There are some one way bearings behind the jam knobs at the exit. you have to remove the tray unit to get to the cover that they are behind. clean the bearings and scrub the shafts. I have only replaced a couple of those bearings, but have had this fix problem several times.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I have dealt with the little white thing, and do not think it is that. Having had hundreds of these sorters in my area for years , I also do not think it is a bearing issue. Never had any sorter issues on these. I may rewrite the firmware. Not really understanding why it packs 5 sheets in the end with out showing a jam.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

There are no paper present sensors near the orange rollers. So they don"t see the paper. You can pound your head all you want, but I would just go for those one-ways. worked every time.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    There are no paper present sensors near the orange rollers. So they don"t see the paper. You can pound your head all you want, but I would just go for those one-ways. worked every time.

I was hard headed, you were correct, I cleaned them and it worked. Thanks for the tip.

Went thru the same thing. 400 machines in area and 1 of these does it. 20 minute fix. After 2 1/2 days of head banging! lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Di 2510 cob47 code

I am having the same problem , there is one oneway bearing on the shaft that is right behind the knob fn6
    is there anymore that needs to be clean. the parts book list them as gears so i want to be sure i get them all.The part # for the one i saw was 4349-1633-01.