Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    error code 0094 on a Konica Minolta C35

Re: error code 0094 on a Konica Minolta C35

Quote Originally Posted by Qball View Post
    I just had two of these shit bags throw this code on me. Same account, same day. What an utter piece of mother fucking garbage. Both of these assholes need a right door assembly. One of the posts that a gear is mounted on was broken. ON BOTH UNITS!!!!! What a great indoctrination to the C35. And thank you service manual for not having a procedure for replacing the right door. Nothing like building the customer's confidence like looking like a monkey fucking a football while fumbling through this. C35, go fuck yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These C35/25's have been out for years, they are made out of 99% plastic, the only parts we replace is the image units & fuser if anything else fails we replaced the printer.
    Updating to the latest firmware allows you to turn of the "replace iU" message the only good thing about the C35!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

I have been doing research to see if we can find a solution to Error 0094 with Konica Bizhub C35. The message boards say that there is a foam pad that gets sticky in the right door assembly that is meant to dampen the sound from the 2nd transfer release solenoid which holds the solenoid 1/3 of a second making the machine code out. I am hoping that you can walk me through the steps to take the pad out.

The following is what I’ve found on the message boards about the pad, but I have searched the right door assembly and cannot find the pad anywhere:

Remember that two gears are timed, on the rear side of the right door. Line up the arrows with the notches. The guide containing the IDC sensor can be removed by pulling it up out of its slots, first the toners, Image units, WTB, and fuser must be removed. The solenoid is behind the gears on the rear of the door, no need to remove the guide to remove pad. Pad is small and black, about 1/2 mil thick, about 2x5 mils in size. I removed pad with a knife, then removed residue with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol. Code became more frequent over time, as the pad became more and more sticky.

I am Konica Minolta tech and I removed these pads on at least 10 different c35 machines in last 5 years without ever have to go back to any of those accounts again.

I have just seen this fault for myself, my fix was the solenoid pad, for the record it's not on the solenoid but on the frame, not easy to see, I used a flashlight. Pressing the solenoid by hand there was a delay due to the pad going sticky, after I removed the pad the arm returned back instantly.

Foam Pad Location.JPG
    I don’t see anything like the picture in the right door assembly, but I was not able to turn the mechanism in the assembly over for fear that if I pulled it to hard, something would break.

We have two of these machines as well as hundreds of dollars left in consumables. We are hoping that someone will be able to help us with this problem. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

This pad most be replaced. I remove as well as you told us, but months later solenoid became unstable without this pad and error 0094 came back. I put a little piece of FOAM or foamy working as a original pad and it seams that error disappeared. it seams that this pad let solenoid in a ideal position and better straight and firm position.

You can see this FOAMY pad in this photo is a yellow thick line on solenoid´s left side.

Pedazo de FOAM para estabilizar el solenoide 1.jpgPedazo de FOAM para estabilizar el solenoide 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
    Make sure the second transfer release solenoid isn't hanging up due to the pad that's there to minimize noise. See the attached pic. This pad had gotten sticky enough that it was delaying the action of the solenoid. Took a lot of service calls to figure this out!