Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C-2454 Errroe on bizhub c6500

"L" detect is the service program that looks at the sensor after changing the developer. It gets a
    reading and compares that to a reference for ideal toner to mix ratio.
    This is in the service manual. And you really should have one for this machine. I can't stress this
    enough. Get the books...

As an example: I have noticed that the cyan color gets weak. The blue turns out purple and the
    greens are more yellow. Sometimes I can feel a grainy texture in these area's. I will manually add
    cyan toner to the mix. Just about two or three table spoons at a time and turn the gear in the
    back with that tool from inside the toner hoppers. Make a copy, if it looks good, then I will
    run the "L" detect program for the cyan and set a new operation point for a "correct" mix.

Besides if you replace the sensor the book sez to run the "L" detect program to set a new
    operation point for that sensor. It may run without doing this, but the color may off.
    You should also run the auto-gamma adjustment. It is just a program, you push a
    few buttons to bring it up, then start it. It will adjust itself with this program.

Don't let it scare you,

DR

Technician
    i think you can check the connector in the black developing unit and check the toner bottle black is installed. If the connector and toner bottle black installed correctly, and the machine still error code 2454, you can try i/o check 54-09. start i/o check until the value 130.

owick
    Maybe this could help try to make some toner refresh mode, or else here a cowboy style i did this before it is effective by the way. Try to put a cup of toner mix it to the developer. A cup of that black toner is enough. After that try to toner refresh and auto gamma adjust settings again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sorry was away for some time, I'm fixed the problem just changing the sensor cyan <-> black, it starts to work right away, still working great, I was just testing every single option and that worked for me. Thank you all for your help.

glgprint

Re: C-2454 Errroe on bizhub c6500

i am getting this same error. i have 2 of these machines and swapped the entire developing slide out with the other, and i still get this error. the "L"detect errors on me, along with the auto gamma setup. also when i turn on the automatic developer charge to turn the k auger it errors out, but not on the other colors. i swapped developer motors and drum motors to no avail. also swopped PCB and got nowhere. The older machine we have been running for about four years, and I know that all the parts I am pulling from it are good and operational, but are not making a difference when I put them into the Konica that is throwing the error. I am beginning to think there is either something wrong with the firmware, or something wrong with wiring somewhere...any ideas? Thank you!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar

Jzheld & Glgprint,

I do get a solution hit on this code, not related to developer.

Take a look at ADU carriage and fuser connectors.

Apparently, a poor connection in the former or Pressure Roller lamp not functioning can throw the code.

If, after cleaning, the code presented, I'd suspect something knocked loose or an obstruction.
    The other possibility is that the K TD sensor is cooked. (Fastidious vacuuming can do that.)
    As Herrmann said, swapping dev. units is a sure way to isolate that.

Check it out.

HTH.

P.S.
    Sorry, Jz, just saw you corrected the problem. I'll leave the post just in case it helps someone else.
    -I

maybe you should try to look at the charging coronas...I have experience that code also and the cause was the defective charging corona... after replacing the corona, black, I run the toner reresh mode in order to replenish the toner on the developing unit... I hope this would help

clean the TCR sensor or replace with another color to make sure trouble in sensor component or mechanic.

Technician

Hello Seniors...

A am facing the same error, 2454 and 2453

toner density for cyan is 222, and it stop with error c2453
    I add cyan toner manually and run density sensor check, the value is 74, increasing 90, 120, 130, 140, until 219, 220 and 221 then stop with error c2453,

the toner waste box is filled with cyan toner, equal with cyan toner I've added

is this sensosr fail? motor or other?
    please advice

Regards
    Elvin

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVICYON View Post
    Hello Seniors...

A am facing the same error, 2454 and 2453

toner density for cyan is 222, and it stop with error c2453
    I add cyan toner manually and run density sensor check, the value is 74, increasing 90, 120, 130, 140, until 219, 220 and 221 then stop with error c2453,

the toner waste box is filled with cyan toner, equal with cyan toner I've added

is this sensosr fail? motor or other?
    please advice

Regards
    Elvin
    Try to change the developers, tape them first of all, and see if the error change or gone, sometimes changing developer powder helps too. How old is the developer?